RARITAN TWP., N.J. - The Hunterdon County Prosecutor's Office says investigators have arrested the person believed to be responsible for the homicide of a 35-year-old Raritan Township man.
Police have identified him as 39-year-old Gary Passarelli from North Plainfield Township. He is currently being held in prison on $1 million bail.
Authorities began the investigation Friday after John Niko was found dead in his home in the Sun Ridge Development. Sun Ridge is southeast of Flemington.
"The scene is secure and there is no danger to the public," Kearns said in a news release issued Saturday afternoon. "The investigation is still active."
The death is being investigated by detectives from the Raritan Township Police Department and the Hunterdon County prosecutor's office. Also assisting is the Somerset County Prosecutor's Office and various police agencies in Somerset County.
Officials have not released how Niko died.
“Anyone that violates the public trust must be held accountable,” said Hunterdon County Prosecutor Anthony P. Kearns, III.Read More »
- Christie on the radio? He says he'll consider his options
- Rep. Leonard Lance Town Hall gets loud
- Phillipsburg town officials need to make a decision ASAP when it comes to mold
- Man wanted in Hunterdon County on assault charges
- South Hunterdon School District addresses lead in schools
- New Jersey animal control officer arrested for sexual assault of minor
- Public memorial service planned for Al Boscov
- Man shot, killed by Reading police after allegedly pointing shotgun at officers
- Strong storms move through the region
- Police investigating morning shooting in Reading
- Police searching for missing man in Bethlehem
- Bethlehem police searching for missing elderly man
- Judge: Man charged in deadly stabbing will remain jailed
- Police work to bring back murder suspect who fled state with 6-year-old daughter
- Police: Driver owes nearly $13,000 in unpaid tolls, fees
- Motorists seeing slightly lower gas prices in New Jersey