RARITAN TWP., N.J. - The Hunterdon County Prosecutor's Office says investigators have arrested the person believed to be responsible for the homicide of a 35-year-old Raritan Township man.
Police have identified him as 39-year-old Gary Passarelli from North Plainfield Township. He is currently being held in prison on $1 million bail.
Authorities began the investigation Friday after John Niko was found dead in his home in the Sun Ridge Development. Sun Ridge is southeast of Flemington.
"The scene is secure and there is no danger to the public," Kearns said in a news release issued Saturday afternoon. "The investigation is still active."
The death is being investigated by detectives from the Raritan Township Police Department and the Hunterdon County prosecutor's office. Also assisting is the Somerset County Prosecutor's Office and various police agencies in Somerset County.
Officials have not released how Niko died.
- Investigators suspect deadly maneuver in jet crash
- Warren County Freeholders call a meeting of mayors
- Environmental group to spend $130K in governor's race
- Phillipsburg steps back salary ranges after resident complaints
- New Jersey resident finds severed foot and partial ankle in sneaker
- New Jersey police allege gun company sold defective guns
- One Freddy winner's emotional day
- Teacher who had sex with student in cemetery going back to jail
- New Police raid home in Phillipsburg
- New Camelback Road bridge reopens
- Updated Alpine Mountain Ski area sold
- Updated Shortage of elder care workers a cause for concern
- East Greenville moves forward with police department
- Oley baseball players pay tribute to fallen teammate
- Students celebrate return of hometown hero
- Suspect who lost hand in home invasion sent to prison