RARITAN TWP., N.J - Hunterdon Central Regional High School was closed Friday after a small fire broke out behind the auditorium Thursday night.
Students tell 69 News they were watching a soccer game when they saw smoke coming from the building.
“Someone was like ‘oh it kind of smells like smoke’ and we turned around and there was smoke pouring out of the building,” said senior Megan Bokach.
The Hunterdon County Prosecutor’s office said the cause of the fire was ruled accidental.
The school said the damage was minimal and the school will reopen on Monday.
- Updated Morning dense fog gives way to warm sunshine later today
- Blakeslee woman killed in Rt. 115 head-on collision
- Pa. GOP to take newly-released congressional map to court
- Project Lifesaver assists police in finding the lost
- Updated Upper Macungie police use donation to start child fingerprint, DNA registry
- Updated Hockey players on a mission of hope
- Bethlehem Township updating ordinances
- New Congressional districts present challenges
- History's Headlines: This old house finds a new life
- Mental health professionals say open communication is key