ALPHA, NJ - Phillipsburg police say they've charged three juveniles with setting a dumpster fire in Alpha Borough, and two of the juveniles have also been charged with incidents at the Alpha Athletic building.
Police said Wednesday that an investigation into a dumpster fire which occurred on Third Avenue in the Borough at 3:30 a.m. on May 18th led to the three arrests. Authorities said that the suspects used gasoline to ignite the contents of the dumpster in that incident.
Upon further investigation, police said they learned that two of the juveniles had been involved in two separate incidents at the athletic building in April. Police said in those incidents, the youths spray painted the walls and dumped paint on the floor, causing $4000 worth of damage.
The three were charged with one count each of third degree arson. Two of the juveniles were also charged with one count each of third degree burglary and third degree criminal mischief for their role in the athletic building vandalism.
Police said the juveniles were released to the custody of their parents and guardians.
Memories are all that remain of a 600-year-old white oak tree that was believed to be among the oldest of its kind in the nation.Read More »
- Catnip Friends Rescue owner facing animal cruelty charges
- Freeholders call for more Route 31 Shuttle riders
- Christie unveils online drug disposal locator in New Jersey
- Christie to mark prescription drug disposal event
- Closings expected in Florida doctor's Medicare fraud trial
- Commission set to vote on New Jersey statehouse renovations
- Woman dies after being attacked by her dog in Upper Macungie
- WFMZ's Lauren Kusik dances with the Lehigh Valley stars
- Updated Police standoff underway in Bethlehem
- Allentown doctor pleads guilty to tax crimes
- Local lacrosse teams raise money for cancer charity
- Grieving father urges parents to get gun lock after tragedy
- Woman arrested for arson in Minersville fire
- I-80 WB reopened after ATV and car wreck
- Civic Theatre in Allentown launches capital campaign
- Eric Frein sentenced to death in trooper's slaying