A pair of local kids are no longer in the running for the title of "top speller."
Aditya Rao from Lopatcong Township, Warren County and Hannah Citsay from Lititz, Lancaster County have been eliminated from the Scripps National Spelling Bee.
They participated in the semifinals, which were held Thursday afternoon in Oxon Hill, Maryland.
Aditya failed to spell "venenate" correctly while Hannah didn't score well enough to make the finals.
The spelling bee includes spelling and vocabulary tests this year.
A competitor from Berks County, Emily Gunkel, lost in the first round.
Closing arguments are expected in the Medicare fraud trial of a prominent Florida eye doctor who authorities say bribed a U.S. senator.Read More »
- Commission set to vote on New Jersey statehouse renovations
- Basking Ridge, N.J. says goodbye to an old friend
- State police: 1 killed in crash with State Police vehicle
- Ex-clerk files federal lawsuit claiming Alpha Borough allowed sexual harassment
- State police: Trooper, 2 people in SUV injured in crash
- Lawyers: Can Menendez trial jurors be asked how they voted
- Day care owner charged in baby's 2016 death, DA says
- Eric Frein laughed about selling story in recorded phone call
- Multi-purpose skatepark planned for Reading's riverfront
- Man accused of hitting, killing wife with truck to stand trial
- Bethlehem makes Forbes' top 25 best places to retire
- House advances bill to let restaurants sell takeout liquor
- Mother, son breaking business barriers for those with autism
- KU baseball player surprises girlfriend with on-field proposal
- Lehigh Valley talks Trump's first 100 days
- Antietam Lake improvements celebrated with ribbon cutting