ALPHA, N.J. - A male was found dead Sunday afternoon close to the Norfolk Southern rail line in Warren County, New Jersey, according to a Norfolk Southern spokesman.
The body was found about 10 feet from the railroad tracks in Alpha near the Pohatcong Township border, said Jon Glass, public relations manager for Norfolk Southern.
At this point, it's unclear how the person died, although Glass said authorities informed Norfolk Southern they do not believe it's related in any way to train operations.
The approximate age of the person is also unknown at this point.
Glass said police asked Norfolk Southern to halt train traffic in that area Sunday afternoon while authorities investigated.
So far, authorities are not commenting. Calls to local police and the Warren County Prosecutor have not yet been returned.
For a second weekend, drivers are being warned to avoid Interstate 78 westbound near the New Jersey-Pennsylvania border.Read More »
- New Jersey sees $13 million in funding to combat opioids
- Man arrested in connection with fatal overdose in New Jersey
- New Jersey medical marijuana program moves to mobile platform
- New Jersey governor OK's automatic voter registration
- New Jersey man sentenced for sexual conduct with minor
- Police-involved shootings discussed at New Jersey town hall
- Coroner identifies woman found dead in Monroe County
- Bloomsburg mayor accused of soliciting prostitutes
- Food Truck food drive draws a crowd
- WFMZ & Dorney Park Team Up For 2nd Food Truck Food Drive For Second Harvest
- Police investigating shots fired at Allentown tattoo shop
- State police seeking information on jewelry theft in Bucks County
- Funeral for Barbara Bush held Saturday
- History's Headlines: Charles Ellet: Bridge builder, warrior, Pennsylvanian
- Easton resident finds drawers disturbed after letting in fake water company employee
- Holistic health coach talks Spring detox diet