HACKETTSTOWN, N.J. - Two men were arrested and charged Tuesday with third-degree offenses for practicing medicine without a valid license and operating a practice with suspended practitioners.
Paramjit Singh, 59, was practicing medicine without a valid license at Medical Care Associates, Family Practice and Urgent Care in Hackettstown, New Jersey. According to Hackettstown Police Department, Singh was also using the name Dr. Reen.
Singh's medical license was suspended in 2004, according to police reports.
Medical Care Associates has three offices in New Jersey located in Morris County, Washington Township and Warren County.
Parminderjeet Sandhu, 64, is the owner of Medical Care Associates and it is alleged he was aware of Singh's medical license suspension, but still allowed him to practice medicine.
Singh is charged with one count of practicing medicine without a valid license, which is a third degree offense.
Sandhu is charged with one count of aiding or abetting another in practicing medicine without a valid license, a third degree offense.
These offenses carry a maximum term of imprisonment of five years and/or a $75,000 fine.
Any patient who was treated by Singh or "Reen" is asked to contact the Warren County Prosecutor's Office tip line at 908-475-6643. As of 3:30 p.m. Tuesday, the tip line has received numerous calls, according to a new release from the office of the prosecutor. The office advised individuals that there may be delay in returning calls, but all information is important.
- Fmr. North Warren superintendent acquitted on sexual assault charges
- New Jersey governor's budget plan already making waves
- Delaware Water Gap trails closed from winter storm damage
- 17-year-old arrested in Hackettstown abduction hoax
- Blairstown man facing charges in relation to possessing child pornography
- Tractor-trailers halt traffic on I-78
- Updated 69News Snow Patrol: Lehigh County (1 p.m.)
- Updated 69News Snow Patrol: Northampton County (1 p.m.)
- Updated YOUR PHOTOS: Fourth major winter storm in 3 weeks
- Updated 69News Snow Patrol: Bucks County (1 p.m.)
- Updated 69 News Snow Patrol: Lehigh County (1 p.m.)
- Updated Berks County snow totals: How much have you seen?
- Updated WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol: Berks County (noon)
- Updated Pa. Senate OKs bill to toughen gun laws in domestic cases
- Attorney: Dad wasn't primary caregiver for baby found dead
- Updated Crash blocks WB Pa. Turnpike beyond Reading interchange