STRATFORD, N.J. - A dramatic scene unfolded in New Jersey Wednesday when police say a man shot his wife before turning the gun on himself.
This happened around 10:00 a.m. at Kennedy University Hospital on Laurel Road in Stratford, Camden County.
Police say Raymond Wychowanec, 63, was visiting his wife, Denise, 62, a patient at the hospital, when he shot and killed her.
Witnesses told police that Wychowanec shot his wife multiple times, then he shot himself.
Wychowanec survived the self-inflicted gunshot and was flown to the trauma center at Cooper Hospital in Camden. He was listed in critical condition Wednesday afternoon.
The Camden County prosecutor says police officers later found the couple's son, Ryan Wychowanec, 35, dead inside their home in the 800 block of Price Avenue in Glendora.
Detectives are working to determine a connection between the two shootings.
Republican Gov. Chris Christie is set to unveil his final budget as governor.Read More »
- Flemington man sentenced for child pornography
- Cell phone store robbed at gunpoint
- N.J. Rep. Leonard Lance holds second town hall meeting
- Union Township woman accused of stealing from Parent Teacher Association
- Christie on the radio? He says he'll consider his options
- Rep. Leonard Lance Town Hall gets loud
- Hazmat situation reported in Northampton County
- Police investigating string of cell phone store robberies across the region
- Bill Cosby case to stay in Montco, be decided by outside jury
- New Road Blocks - Stopping drug trafficking in Reading
- Local tree service companies face busy week after storm
- Technical error costs company BASD contract
- Berks County withdraws support of 2017 Reading 120 bicycle race
- Support hotline created in Bucks County for first responders
- Anti-Semitic threats across Pennsylvania provoke response
- Man arrested for robbing Easton convenience store