PHILLIPSBURG, N.J. - A man was shot multiple times in the area of Hudson and Lewis streets early Friday morning, police say.
At 1:32 a.m., an officer on patrol learned of a shooting that occurred outside of the Hilltop Cafe.
An initial investigation revealed that the suspect, who is described as a short, black male, fled on foot.
It was determined that a friend transported the victim, who was identified as Steven Margeson, to Easton Hospital in his personal vehicle, according to a release from Warren County.
Margeson is believed to be in surgery having suffered gunshot wounds to the torso.
The assailant remains unidentified and at large, according to the release.
The Phillipsburg Police Department and the Major Crimes Unit of the Warren County Prosecutors Office are pursuing all leads as the incident is under investigation.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Phillipsburg Police Department at 908-454-1121 or the Warren County Prosecutor's Office at 908-689-3922.
- NJ Education Commissioner discusses PARCC changes, plans for new statewide assessment
- New Jersey business helps adults with special-needs
- Police name suspect in Friday Phillipsburg shooting
- Man shot multiple times in Phillipsburg
- New Jersey man steals $14,200 in gas, police say
- 2 former NJ corrections officers indicted on sexual assault charges
- Father of fugitive Shawn Christy makes plea to son
- Phillipsburg mayor tossed from council meeting
- Man critical after shot multiple times in Pottstown
- Updated Public hearing scheduled on parking meter rate increase in Bethlehem
- Lehigh Valley economy reaches record-high $40.1 billion
- 21 officers graduate Allentown Police Academy
- Tullytown woman charged with homicide in toddler son's poisoning
- Bethlehem City Councilman: 'a lot of social benefits to golf'
- Updated Hamburg fugitive's dad speaks out after son jumps into river
- Parkland School Board considers district comprehensive plan