Clinton, N.J. - Most of the time, the outlook is rosy in Clinton, New Jersey.
But at the site of this construction zone just off Center Street, a mystery has been unearthed, a missing man.
The police describe him as a quiet guy, about 250 pounds, and probably only 4 feet tall...but that's because he's always sitting down.
Spoiler alert: It's their fiberglass statue of Ronald McDonald.
"He definitely is well-loved," beings Owner/Operator Diane Koury.
Diane and her husband Philip say Ronald McDonald took a permanent seat in their restaurant back in 1995.
He's been well-loved over the years.
Customers sit with him, take pictures, and share their secrets…along with their fries.
But at some point during their recent construction, someone pulled a fast one at the fast food joint, and swiped the smiling clown.
"You feel upset that somebody would have violated the business," Diane says.
Philip adds, "He's part of a family here, and it's a member of the family that's missing. So we just want Ronald to come back."
News of Clinton's famous golden arches being tarnished by such a travesty caused a McFlurry of disgust to spread around town.
I think it's wrong," one customer who's been going to the Clinton McDonald's since he was a kid tells us. "It's an icon here, at this McDonald's at least," he says. He says, he has a picture from when he was "like 8 or 10" with Ronald.
"That's unacceptable," his friend adds, emphatically.
Ronald supporters say they hope the police will serve up justice and make sure the thief knows, he made a Big Mac Daddy of a mistake.
So far, suspects include the Hamburglar, though Diane quickly says, "We know he'd never do that. Ronald and he are like this," she says, crossing her index over her second finger.
There's also some who suspect the joker, or that king (you know - with the big head) from Burger King…
"Yep," a customer agrees with us, adding "He's trying to take down the competition!"
Whoever it is, Crime Stoppers is offering a side of 500 bucks, on top of the $500 the Koury's are dishing out, for any nuggets that lead to Ronald's return.
And all clowning around aside, the Koury's say, they just want their guy back.
"You know, we miss him - the community misses him…and we're getting him refurbished, to have him come sit in the new dining room with us!" Philip says.
If you know anything, you can contact Crime Stoppers or the Clinton, NJ police.
A Senior Corrections Officer at the Edna Mahan Correctional Facility for Women pled guilty to three counts of second degree official misconduct for acts related to his employment.Read More »
- Project underway to remove New Jersey dam
- New Jersey dam to be removed for fish habitat
- Hackettstown Emergency Room evacuated after oxygen line struck
- New Jersey man gets jail time for New Year's Day stabbing
- Penn State hazing death case grinds through courts
- Teva Pharmaceuticals moves headquarters to New Jersey
- Hot and humid with an isolated afternoon thunderstorm
- Police investigating afternoon armed robbery in Sellersville
- 17 protesters arrested at Berks County ICE facility
- Life Lessons: Teen fashionista: #girlboss
- Winners declared in Palmerton Spartan race weekend
- Man shot in Allentown; police search for gunman
- Schuylkill County ATV crash sends person to hospital
- Home heavily damaged after fire in Lehigh Township
- Swimmer beware: Pennsylvania drownings highlight river risks
- Crews fight fire in Lehigh County after lightning strikes house