CLINTON TWP., N.J. - A 24-year-old inmate at a New Jersey youth correctional facility is facing manslaughter charges.
Officials Tuesday announced that Floyd Nichols of Paterson, N.J., has been charged with second degree manslaughter in connection with the death of 23-year-old Joshua Jones of Englewood.
On August 14, Jones suffered severe trauma during a beating at the Mountainview Youth Correctional Facility in Clinton Twp., Hunterdon Co. He was flown to Morristown Medical Center where he died two days later.
His death was ruled a homicide.
Nichols was taken to the New Jersey State Prison in Trenton in lieu of $500,000 bail.
Closing arguments are expected in the Medicare fraud trial of a prominent Florida eye doctor who authorities say bribed a U.S. senator.Read More »
- Commission set to vote on New Jersey statehouse renovations
- Basking Ridge, N.J. says goodbye to an old friend
- State police: 1 killed in crash with State Police vehicle
- Ex-clerk files federal lawsuit claiming Alpha Borough allowed sexual harassment
- State police: Trooper, 2 people in SUV injured in crash
- Lawyers: Can Menendez trial jurors be asked how they voted
- A career (and a giraffe) is born
- North Catasauqua Borough Council give sinkhole house owner an ultimatum
- Day care owner charged in baby's 2016 death, DA says
- Eric Frein laughed about selling story in recorded phone call
- Multi-purpose skatepark planned for Reading's riverfront
- Man accused of hitting, killing wife with truck to stand trial
- Mother, son breaking business barriers for those with autism
- Bethlehem makes Forbes' top 25 best places to retire
- House advances bill to let restaurants sell takeout liquor
- KU baseball player surprises girlfriend with on-field proposal