FLEMINGTON, N.J. - Hunterdon County authorities are looking for a man accused of stabbing another in the early morning hours of New Year’s Day.
According to the prosecutor’s office, police were called to a home in Raritan Township around 4 a.m. for a report of a stabbing victim.
When police arrived, they say they found a man with a stab wound to his shoulder. The man was taken to a local hospital in critical condition.
Police are looking for Ciro Perrone, 32, of Flemington, New Jersey in connection with the crime.
According to Prosecutor Anthony Kearns, an arrest warrant has been issued for Perrone for first degree attempted murder, second degree aggravated assault, third degree possession of a weapon for unlawful purpose, and fourth degree possession of a weapon.
“Perrone remains at large and law enforcement is actively attempting to locate him,” the prosecutor added.
Anyone with information is urged to call the Hunterdon County Prosecutor’s Office at 908-788-1129 or the Raritan Township Police Department at 908-782-8889.
Anonymous tips can be submitted by calling Crime Stoppers at 1-800-321-0010 or by going to www.crimestoppershunterdon.com, or text messaging “HCTIPS” plus your tip message to 274637 (CRIMES). Tipsters can also download the free mobile app “Tipsubmit” and select Hunterdon County to submit anonymous tips via text messaging. All tips are anonymous and kept confidential.
A Hunterdon County Grand Jury issued a superseding indictment against a former New Jersey correction officer.Read More »
- Hunterdon County doctor surrenders privilege to prescribe substances
- Volunteers clean up for Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Forecasters warn of flooding due to Delaware River ice jam
- Lopatcong Township residents frustrated by sinkhole surge
- Ingersoll-Rand site to be transformed into warehouse space
- New Jersey man arrested in connection with sexual assault
- Tentative deal reached; Wilson School District strike averted
- Motorcycle split in half after crash in Northampton County
- Pa. Supreme Court throws out state's congressional map
- Residents complain about water in Lehigh County community
- Prosecution says Pawlowski a 'relentless fundraising machine'
- Pennsylvania GOP to seek a stop to gerrymandering case
- Pre-trial hearing held for one of two accused in Grace Packer's death
- Updated Upper Saucon manager lauded for his contributions
- Spring Township residents line up to trash new waste cans
- Exeter could vote next month on country club restaurant and bar