PHILLIPSBURG, N.j. - One of four New Jersey corrections officers accused of sexually assaulting inmates at a women's prison has pleaded guilty.
Thomas Seguine, 34, of Phillipsburg, pleaded guilty to official misconduct and will be sentenced April 21st.
Seguine, Jason Mays, Brian Ambroise, and Ahnwar Dixon were charged with assaulting eight women at the Edna Mahan Correctional Facility in Hunterdon County.
Officials said the crimes took place between 2015 and 2016, although one dates back to 2010.
The remaining officers still face the following charges:
• Jason Mays, 43 of Hillside, New Jersey: Five counts of official misconduct, one count of pattern of official misconduct, three counts of sexual assault, two counts of criminal coercion, and four counts of criminal sexual contact
• Ahnwar Dixon, 38, of East Orange, New Jersey: Two counts of official misconduct, one count of pattern of official misconduct, one count of sexual assault, and three counts of criminal sexual contact
• Brian Y. Ambroise, 33, of Union, New Jersey: One count of official misconduct and sexual assault
Former corrections officer Joel Herscap previously pleaded guilty and is serving time in state prison for committing crimes against a ninth prisoner.
- Updated Quick hitting storm brings snow late today and tonight
- Crews prep for weekend wintry weather
- PA Turnpike reopened after wreck in Lehigh Tunnel
- Police: Dieruff student said he was going to kill everyone at school
- Black Panther premiere party a hit in Allentown
- Arson suspected in fire at Ashley Furniture; $1.5M damage
- Deadline looms: Pa. court has until Monday to pick new map
- Spin and win deals at eateries with new app
- Pedestrian struck by car on Route 61 in Leesport
- Amity homeowners on alert after string of burglaries