FLEMINGTON, N.J. - A Somerset County, New Jersey, man is in jail, awaiting a court appearance on charges of engaging in sex acts with a child.
As part of an investigation by the Hunterdon County prosecutor's office special victims unit, officials arrested 33-year-old David C. Hardy of Branchburg on Aug. 11.
Hardy was charged for engaging in sexual acts with a child less than 16-years-old but older than 13, and endangering the welfare of a child.
Officials said the crimes took place in September 2000 when Hardy lived in Lebanon Township.
If convicted, Hardy could face five to 10 years in state prison.
He was taken to the Hunterdon County Jail in lieu of $50,000 bail.
The investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with additional information is asked to contact the Hunterdon County prosecutor's office special victim's unit at 908-788-1129.
Lawyers are arguing over whether prospective jurors in the corruption trial of New Jersey Sen. Bob Menendez can be asked if they voted for him and what they feel about his stance on issues like the Iran nuclear deal.Read More »
- Penn State frat suspended over booze on Parents' Weekend
- NJ jobless rate falls to 4.2 percent despite shedding jobs
- Unsealed bridge case document shows juror sought dismissal
- Court: State police don't have to cover troopers' tolls
- New Jersey officials lift drought warning and watch
- Police: Kids run into street, mother found passed out with beer can
- Sunday to be milder with sun, high clouds
- President Trump will celebrate 100-day benchmark with rally in Harrisburg
- Berks man who turned life around is giving back to humane society
- Updated April the giraffe becomes a cash cow for tiny zoo
- Man working on NFL draft stage injured after fall
- Local libraries fight to survive cuts
- Fishing event makes dreams come true
- Legendary coach honored in Kutztown
- Giant issues recall of Atkins burritos, Lay's Kettle Cooked chips
- Pennsylvania launches tax amnesty program