READINGTON TWP., N.J. - A New Jersey woman is facing assault charges after an incident earlier this year.
Alexandra Travis, 30, was indicted by a grand jury for resisting arrest and aggravated assault on a law enforcement officer, according to the Hunterdon County prosecutor.
Officials said on April 3, Travis allegedly resisted arrest and "purposefully attempted to cause bodily injury to four Readington Township police officers."
Travis was also charged with simple assault, obstruction of justice, shoplifting and possession of a weapon for unlawful purpose.
The Whitehouse Station woman is due back in court in January.
A Hunterdon County Grand Jury issued a superseding indictment against a former New Jersey correction officer.Read More »
- Hunterdon County doctor surrenders privilege to prescribe substances
- Volunteers clean up for Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Forecasters warn of flooding due to Delaware River ice jam
- Lopatcong Township residents frustrated by sinkhole surge
- Ingersoll-Rand site to be transformed into warehouse space
- New Jersey man arrested in connection with sexual assault
- Firefighters quickly extinguish Pottstown apartment fire
- Violent car crash occurs near Sands Casino in Bethlehem
- Another mild day Sunday with increasing clouds
- Women's marches, rallies held across nation Saturday
- PennEast Pipeline approved, but some say battle is not over
- Firefighters quickly douse Easton church fire
- Afghan hotel attack ends, Taliban claim
- FERC approves PennEast pipeline project
- Congressman Patrick Meehan denies allegation in misconduct claim
- Dorney Park makes Eagles bet with Minnesota's Valleyfair Park