KINGWOOD TWP., N.J. - A nine-year-old Hunterdon County boy was killed Tuesday when he lost control of the ATV he was riding and was thrown into a piece of farm equipment.
The victim was identified as Gavin Martuccio.
The accident happened at 4:37 p.m. Tuesday on the farm where the child lived with his family in the 900 block of Route 519 in Kingwood Twp., according to New Jersey State Police.
Gavin was riding one ATV, accompanied by a family member who was riding another ATV. Police said he was wearing a helmet.
The boy lost control, was ejected and struck a piece of farm equipment.
CPR was being performed at the scene by state police and then by Kingwood EMS.
He was taken to Hunterdon County Medical Center where he was pronounced dead at 5:53 p.m. Tuesday.
Friends are raising funds and providing food for the family.
- Investigators suspect deadly maneuver in jet crash
- Warren County Freeholders call a meeting of mayors
- Environmental group to spend $130K in governor's race
- Phillipsburg steps back salary ranges after resident complaints
- New Jersey resident finds severed foot and partial ankle in sneaker
- New Jersey police allege gun company sold defective guns
- Dry early, round of showers later today
- Local police step up patrols for Memorial Day weekend
- Police: Teen shot in Pottstown
- Famed Berks wrestling coach gone, but not forgotten
- History's Headlines: Baseball at Bethlehem Steel
- Boyertown State Theatre goes digital
- Pennsylvania Shakespeare Festival right around the corner
- BK's Helping Hands lives up to the name
- Camelback Road bridge reopens
- Police raid home in Phillipsburg