KINGWOOD TWP., N.J. - A nine-year-old Hunterdon County boy was killed Tuesday when he lost control of the ATV he was riding and was thrown into a piece of farm equipment.
The victim was identified as Gavin Martuccio.
The accident happened at 4:37 p.m. Tuesday on the farm where the child lived with his family in the 900 block of Route 519 in Kingwood Twp., according to New Jersey State Police.
Gavin was riding one ATV, accompanied by a family member who was riding another ATV. Police said he was wearing a helmet.
The boy lost control, was ejected and struck a piece of farm equipment.
CPR was being performed at the scene by state police and then by Kingwood EMS.
He was taken to Hunterdon County Medical Center where he was pronounced dead at 5:53 p.m. Tuesday.
Friends are raising funds and providing food for the family.
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie says he'll consider his options after he leaves office and hasn't declared himself a candidate to work at a sports radio station in New York.Read More »
- Rep. Leonard Lance Town Hall gets loud
- Phillipsburg town officials need to make a decision ASAP when it comes to mold
- Man wanted in Hunterdon County on assault charges
- South Hunterdon School District addresses lead in schools
- New Jersey animal control officer arrested for sexual assault of minor
- Thimble tossed! Game piece voted out of Monopoly board game
- Updated Restoration of Penn Street Bridge in Reading well underway
- Man accused of stabbing wife, daughter-in-law in Allentown
- Reading woman killed in crash on I-176 in Caernarvon
- Updated Pete Rose appears on Phillies' wall of fame ballot
- Christie on the radio? He says he'll consider his options
- Allentown Health Bureau recognized for emergency preparedness
- Arts Around Town: Marionettes join Bach Choir for 'The Nightingale'
- 12 displaced in Allentown apartment fire
- Man charged in Allentown hit-and-run
- Berks commissioners talk future of tax-free municipal bonds