KINGWOOD TWP., N.J. - A nine-year-old Hunterdon County boy was killed Tuesday when he lost control of the ATV he was riding and was thrown into a piece of farm equipment.
The victim was identified as Gavin Martuccio.
The accident happened at 4:37 p.m. Tuesday on the farm where the child lived with his family in the 900 block of Route 519 in Kingwood Twp., according to New Jersey State Police.
Gavin was riding one ATV, accompanied by a family member who was riding another ATV. Police said he was wearing a helmet.
The boy lost control, was ejected and struck a piece of farm equipment.
CPR was being performed at the scene by state police and then by Kingwood EMS.
He was taken to Hunterdon County Medical Center where he was pronounced dead at 5:53 p.m. Tuesday.
Friends are raising funds and providing food for the family.
For the second time this week, hundreds packed a contentious town hall meeting hosted by Republican New Jersey Congressman Leonard Lance.Read More »
- Union Township woman accused of stealing from Parent Teacher Association
- Christie on the radio? He says he'll consider his options
- Rep. Leonard Lance Town Hall gets loud
- Phillipsburg town officials need to make a decision ASAP when it comes to mold
- Man wanted in Hunterdon County on assault charges
- South Hunterdon School District addresses lead in schools
- Public memorial service planned for Al Boscov
- Windy and much cooler today, but seasonable for late February
- 'Light the Way' celebration recognizes trailblazers in the community
- Updated N.J. Rep. Leonard Lance holds second town hall meeting
- Local vineyard owners wary of warm weather
- Updated Man shot, killed by Reading police after allegedly pointing shotgun at officers
- Strong storms move through the region
- Police investigating morning shooting in Reading
- Judge: Man charged in deadly stabbing will remain jailed
- Police work to bring back murder suspect who fled state with 6-year-old daughter