SUSSEX COUNTY, N.J. - It looks like a bear attack in New Jersey wasn't quite what we thought it was.
Officials now say a bear that made its way into a campsite in Sussex County didn't harm two boys.
Doctors say minor wounds found on the boys were old and they weren't caused by the bear.
The bear wandered into a campsite in Stokes State Forest Wednesday morning and tried to get into some tents but it never made it inside.
A park ranger shot the bear in the neck but officials haven't been able to track it down.
Warren County Freeholders will sit down with mayors from across the county in late June with the hopes to set up The Association of Mayors for Warren County.Read More »
- Environmental group to spend $130K in governor's race
- Phillipsburg steps back salary ranges after resident complaints
- New Jersey resident finds severed foot and partial ankle in sneaker
- New Jersey police allege gun company sold defective guns
- Man charged with stealing Ronald McDonald statue
- State suspends license of Warren County teacher accused of sex assault
- Governor Wolf plans to sign Real ID law
- 2 dead in I-81 fatal crash in Schuylkill County
- Updated Allentown rotary fountain receives Lehigh County OK
- Updated Warren County Freeholders call a meeting of mayors
- Updated Easton City Council tables action on Billy's Diner lease agreement
- Allentown program teaching kids valuable skills
- Last night for rehearsals before the 2017 Freddy's
- Oley Valley High School student killed in Ruscombmanor Twp. wreck
- State senate passes Internet gambling bill
- Lower Macungie cancer survivor raises money for research with annual event