PHILLIPSBURG, N.J. - Phillipsburg police have arrested a 28-year-old drug suspect from New York City.
Tuesday's arrest of Ronald James was the result of a several-months-long investigation conducted by the Warren County Prosecutor's Office Narcotics Task Force and the Phillipsburg Police Department Special Operations Unit.
James was charged with six counts of possession with intent to distribute a controlled dangerous substance , two counts of unlawful possession of controlled dangerous substance and one count of possession with intent to distribute a controlled dangerous substance within 1,000 feet of a school.
Police said James is an escapee from Northern State Prison's Kintock Halfway House, located in Newark, N.J.
They said James resides in the 100 block of Madison Ave., Brooklyn, NY.
James was committed to Warren County Jail. Bail was set at $35,000 with a 10 percent option.
New Jersey's overall crime rate in 2015 decreased by 5 percent compared to 2014, but there was a sharp rise in reported sex crimes.Read More »
- 600-year-old tree that witnessed history taken down
- Catnip Friends Rescue owner facing animal cruelty charges
- Freeholders call for more Route 31 Shuttle riders
- Christie unveils online drug disposal locator in New Jersey
- Christie to mark prescription drug disposal event
- Closings expected in Florida doctor's Medicare fraud trial
- Arrest made in Allentown murder
- Deadly dog attack prompts warning to other dog owners
- Crews rescue woman from Allentown fire
- Members of white supremacist group face federal charges
- Police: Argument leads to man being intentionally struck by vehicle
- Nazareth rollover crash injures two
- BB gun-toting vandals shooting out car windows in Reading
- Candidates for Allentown mayor weigh in on the issues
- Mahoning Drive-in Theatre is open for business
- Almost like summer at FirstEnergy Stadium