PHILLIPSBURG, N.J. - Officials said a 22-year-old man was killed after he was hit by a train in New Jersey.
Michael Beaman, of Phillipsburg, was struck by a Norfolk Southern train and died at the scene, according to Warren County Prosecutor Richard Burke.
Police said it happened on the Greens Bridge stretch of tracks in the area of Kent Street Friday night.
Burke said at least one more person was on the tracks with Beaman at the time and was injured. He did not know the extent of the person's injuries.
They were riding motorized bikes on the tracks, Burke said.
Officials said from their initial investigation, the train seemed to be going within the speed limit regulations.
The incident appears to be an accident, Burke said.
A GoFundMe was set up to raise money for the family.
The prosecutor's office and Norfolk Southern are investigating.
Dr. Jay Kuris of Flemington, New Jersey voluntarily surrendered his Drug Enforcement Agency registration after officials say he engaged in indiscriminate prescribing.Read More »
- Volunteers clean up for Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Forecasters warn of flooding due to Delaware River ice jam
- Lopatcong Township residents frustrated by sinkhole surge
- Ingersoll-Rand site to be transformed into warehouse space
- New Jersey man arrested in connection with sexual assault
- N.J. police warn scammer created bogus bank statement
- APD looking for three bumbling armed robbers
- Updated Police: Winery owners unlawfully recorded customers, employees
- YOUR PHOTOS: Snow falls across the region
- Pennsylvania's first marijuana dispensary opens in Bethlehem
- No snow days for day care centers
- Mixed reactions come after Da Vinci decides to nix aquarium
- Allentown neighbors pay it forward with a shovel
- Health Beat: Lung, liver transplant gives man new life
- Hunterdon County doctor surrenders privilege to prescribe substances
- Post-hurricane shortage of IV bags hurting Berks ambulances