HARDWICK TWP., N.J. - One man was killed in a head-on crash early Friday on Interstate 80 in Warren County, N.J.
It happened at 3 a.m. in the westbound lanes of I-80, at milepost 1 near the exit for Worthington State Park in Hardwick Township, reported New Jersey State Police.
Both drivers of the two vehicles involved reside in Pennsylvania's Monroe County, according to police.
A black Mitsubishi Galant was driven by Amanda Rodriguez, 22, of Saylorsburg. She had three passengers in her vehicle.
The other vehicle was a gold Honda Accord driven by Amanda Rivera, 23, of Henryville. No passengers were in her vehicle.
Rivera's Accord was going east in the westbound lanes of traffic when it struck Rodriguez's Mitsubishi head-on, causing the right rear passenger of the Galant to suffer fatal injuries, reported police.
Police say 25-year-old Jason Frey of Brodheadsville, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Rodriguez and her other passengers were taken to area hospitals with non-life-threatening injuries.
Rivera was taken to Morristown Memorial Hospital. She is being charged with driving while intoxicated.
State police Sgt. Brian Polite said the investigation is continuing and other charges may be pending.
An environmental group in New Jersey says it will spend $130,000 to help the wealthy Democratic front-runner in the race for governor.Read More »
- Phillipsburg steps back salary ranges after resident complaints
- New Jersey resident finds severed foot and partial ankle in sneaker
- New Jersey police allege gun company sold defective guns
- Man charged with stealing Ronald McDonald statue
- State suspends license of Warren County teacher accused of sex assault
- Authorities investigating after Clinton Township SD received suspicious communication
- Governor Wolf plans to sign Real ID law
- Updated 2 dead in I-81 fatal crash in Schuylkill County
- Updated Oley Valley High student killed in Ruscombmanor Twp. wreck
- State senate passes Internet gambling bill
- Lower Macungie cancer survivor raises money for research with annual event
- Bluebells not blooming at Lock Ridge Park
- New app aims to save lives in Montgomery County
- New charge for man charged in Forks Township cell phone robbery
- One Tank Trip: Coach #72 at WK&S Railroad in Kempton
- 2 counselors overdose and die at Chester Co. halfway house