HACKETTSTOWN, N.J. - Hackettstown, New Jersey, police said a 22-year-old man was hit by an old beat-up green dump truck early Wednesday.
The man was hit on Route 182/Mountain Avenue around 4 a.m., near the Route 46 intersection.
Police said Christopher Simmons of East Orange, N.J., was pronounced dead at the scene.
After hitting Simmons, police said the dump truck failed to stop and continued south on Mountain Avenue.
The incident remains under investigation by the Hackettstown Police Department.
Motorists traveling this Memorial Day weekend will find gas prices that have risen for the first time in weeks.Read More »
- Flemington man facing sex assault charges
- Investigators suspect deadly maneuver in jet crash
- Warren County Freeholders call a meeting of mayors
- Environmental group to spend $130K in governor's race
- Phillipsburg steps back salary ranges after resident complaints
- New Jersey resident finds severed foot and partial ankle in sneaker
- Updated Former Phillies pitcher Jim Bunning Passes Away at 85
- Man's 'suspicious' death in Frackville ruled a homicide
- Body found in Schuylkill River in Cumru Township
- Holiday travelers will encounter rising prices at the pump
- Summer recipes on the grill
- Updated Gregg Allman of the Allman Brothers Band Dies at Age 69
- World War II veteran discusses issues faced by those returning from war
- 75-year-old man dies days after crash on Route 22
- Summer getaways in the Lehigh Valley
- Famed Berks wrestling coach gone, but not forgotten