STATE COLLEGE, Pa. - A Penn State student from Hunterdon County has died after a fall at a frat house.
School officials say Timothy Piazza of Lebanon, New Jersey fell down the steps at a party on Thursday.
Authorities say first responders weren't notified until the next morning and found piazza unconscious.
He died Saturday.
Beta Theta Pi says operations have been suspended and it is cooperating with investigators.
The following statement was released by the fraternity: "Our chapter is mourning the loss of Tim Piazza, a student who recently accepted an invitation to join our fraternity. It is believed that Tim's death stemmed from an accidental injury sustained from a fall in the chapter house. We are working closely with our General Fraternity to determine how this happened, and are fully cooperating with police and Penn State administrators in their own investigations. While additional statements and information will be released once confirmed, our thoughts and prayers are with him and his family during this difficult time. Both the University and General Fraternity have temporarily suspended chapter operations during this period of investigation."
Piazza was a sophomore, majoring in engineering.
- Updated Blakeslee woman killed in Rt. 115 head-on collision
- Pa. GOP to take newly-released congressional map to court
- Project Lifesaver assists police in finding the lost
- Updated Hockey players on a mission of hope
- Updated New Congressional districts present challenges
- History's Headlines: This old house finds a new life
- Mental health professionals say open communication is key
- Penn State Berks tops among campuses in 2018 THON fundraiser
- Police prepping drivers for roundabout at Routes 222, 662
- Sweep into an Olympic sport at Bucks County Curling Club