PHILIPSBURG, N.J. - A Phillipsburg couple has been arrested on drug charges following a two-week-long undercover narcotics investigation into illegal drug trafficking.
Charged were Qaadir and Karen Muhammad who live in the 100 block of McKeen Street.
On Tuesday, police found 500 bags of heroin, with a street value of about $5,000, when they executed a search warrant in the couple's home.
Both defendants were sent to the Warren County Correctional Center in default of $20,000 bail.
Both 54-year-old Muhammad Qaadir and 49-year-old Karen Muhammad were charged with possession of a small amount of heroin and possession with intent to distribute heroin.
She also was charged with distribution of heroin.
Each crime carries a maximum penalty of up to five years in New Jersey State Prison and up to $35,000.
The investigation was conducted by the Phillipsburg Police Department , Warren County MANTIS and the narcotics task force of the county prosecutor's office.
Joining them in executing the search warrant were personnel from the Pohatcong, Greenwich and Washington Township police departments and the Warren County Tactical Response Team.
A pressure cooker was found in Terminal A on Saturday afternoon, according to police for the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey.Read More »
- Holiday travelers will encounter rising prices at the pump
- Flemington man facing sex assault charges
- Investigators suspect deadly maneuver in jet crash
- Warren County Freeholders call a meeting of mayors
- Environmental group to spend $130K in governor's race
- Phillipsburg steps back salary ranges after resident complaints
- One year later, police seek answers in Chester Co. woman's death
- Updated Police searching for man accused of robbing Allentown shop with knife
- A shower/strong thunderstorm this afternoon
- Updated Crews respond to morning house fire in Alburtis
- Updated Life Lessons: Closing the word gap for toddlers
- How you can help an Allen HS senior in the fight of his life
- Mourners deliver flowers in memory of Ernie the giraffe
- Freedom High student walks 22 miles for veterans
- Coroner called to crash in Lower Towamensing Twp.
- Visitors celebrate at Dorney Park despite rainy weather