HANOVER TWP., Pa. - Students from New Jersey will be the only high school band playing at the Orange Bowl this year.
69 News caught up with the Phillipsburg High School band at Lehigh Valley International Airport Wednesday morning as they were taking off for Miami.
The band will perform for five minutes before the game and during halftime as well with singer Andy Grammer and "Fun" lead vocalist Nate Ruess.
The Phillipsburg High School band director says there will be a lot of 'big stage' moments for the students to take in.
"Getting to see a game of this magnitude, getting to be in the same stadium and experience both great college bands between Miami and Wisconsin, and being part of the game day logistics," said band director Kyle Fleming.
The band found out about the opportunity to play at the Orange Bowl a year ago and has been fundraising ever since. The band director says community contributions made the trip possible.
The New Jersey Medicinal Marijuana Program is now available across mobile platforms to give patients, caregivers and even physicians the ability to register, upload documents and make payments.Read More »
- New Jersey governor OK's automatic voter registration
- New Jersey man sentenced for sexual conduct with minor
- Police-involved shootings discussed at New Jersey town hall
- Woman calls for stricter pet laws after dog dies at groomers
- Phillipsburg man tries to shoplift $430 worth of meats, seafood
- Dept. of Health: Chopped romaine lettuce source of E. Coli
- Reading woman wins man's heart...and his kidney
- Time to spring clean your digital life
- Car lands on roof on Skyline Drive in Lower Alsace
- Search continues in Berks for Southwest jet's missing pieces
- South Whitehall getting new police cars, equipment
- PennDOT replacing pipe beneath Easton Road, Lower Saucon
- Reading Schools committee approves renovation project
- Leesport bridge replacement delay frustrates residents
- Shoppers sad to say bye-bye to Bon-Ton
- Crime Alert celebrates 20th anniversary by honoring Barbeys