HANOVER TWP., Pa. - Students from New Jersey will be the only high school band playing at the Orange Bowl this year.
69 News caught up with the Phillipsburg High School band at Lehigh Valley International Airport Wednesday morning as they were taking off for Miami.
The band will perform for five minutes before the game and during halftime as well with singer Andy Grammer and "Fun" lead vocalist Nate Ruess.
The Phillipsburg High School band director says there will be a lot of 'big stage' moments for the students to take in.
"Getting to see a game of this magnitude, getting to be in the same stadium and experience both great college bands between Miami and Wisconsin, and being part of the game day logistics," said band director Kyle Fleming.
The band found out about the opportunity to play at the Orange Bowl a year ago and has been fundraising ever since. The band director says community contributions made the trip possible.
A Hunterdon County Grand Jury issued a superseding indictment against a former New Jersey correction officer.Read More »
- Hunterdon County doctor surrenders privilege to prescribe substances
- Volunteers clean up for Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Forecasters warn of flooding due to Delaware River ice jam
- Lopatcong Township residents frustrated by sinkhole surge
- Ingersoll-Rand site to be transformed into warehouse space
- New Jersey man arrested in connection with sexual assault
- Prosecution says Pawlowski a 'relentless fundraising machine'
- Pennsylvania GOP to seek a stop to gerrymandering case
- Pre-trial hearing held for one of two accused in Grace Packer's death
- Construction begins to replace Main Street Bridge in Bucks County
- Government shutdown affects Delaware Water Gap staffing, services
- Pennsylvania fighting opioid epidemic with body scanner
- Coroner confirms second death in Franklin Twp. fire
- Super Bowl ticket prices a hurdle for fans
- Local businesses react to Tilghman Street Bridge closing
- Positive Parenting: Power of touch