HUNTERDON COUNTY, N.J. - A Phillipsburg man is facing sex charges in Hunterdon County, N.J.
Stewart Maryon, 59, was arrested Monday for allegedly engaging in sexual conduct with a child between the ages of 13 and 16.
Maryon was charged with aggravated criminal sexual contact and endangering the welfare of a child.
Hunterdon County officials said the alleged incident took place in Lebanon Twp. on or about November 28, 2013.
Maryon was arrested in Hunterdon County as the result of a joint investigation conducted by detectives from the Hunterdon County Special Victims Unit, and the Lebanon Twp. and Phillipsburg police departments.
Bail was at $25,000. Maryon is awaiting his first court appearance in Hunterdon County Jail.
Maryon had been a coach with the Phillipsburg Police Athletic League. The organization's Facebook page states that charges against him involved children "outside of our organization" but added: "He will no longer be welcomed at any Phillipsburg PAL events in the future."
This investigation is ongoing and anyone with additional information is requested to contact the Hunterdon County Special Victim's Unit at 908-788-1129.
Anyone with information for law enforcement can submit anonymous tips by calling Crime Stoppers at 1-800-321-0010 or by going to www.crimestoppershunterdon.com, or text messaging "HCTIPS" plus your tip message to 274637 (CRIMES).
Tipsters can also download the free mobile app "Tipsubmit" and select Hunterdon County to submit anonymous tips via text messaging. All tips are anonymous and kept confidential.
A New Jersey man will spend at least two decades behind bars for the fatal shooting of a woman in Phillipsburg nearly four years ago.Read More »
- Christie's push for opioid cash from insurer hits roadblock
- Phillipsburg man arrested on heroin charges
- Bloomsbury man guilty in sex assault case involving child
- Judge won't reduce charges in New York-New Jersey bomb case
- Phillipsburg sets parking lots, rates
- New drug & mental health facility opens in Phillipsburg
- Occasional rain, thunderstorm through mid-morning Saturday
- NJ attorney general joins multistate probe of drug makers
- Schuylkill man accused of killing dad busted on AC boardwalk
- Updated Skyline Drive reopens after wall work atop Mount Penn
- Updated Doctor, dog team up on 'Take Your Dog to Work Day'
- Students learn ropes of law enforcement
- Updated Health Beat: Cochlear implants: How child learns language
- Man sentenced for fatal shooting of woman in Phillipsburg
- Suspect linked to Bethlehem homicide asks for release ahead of trial
- Pennsylvania Legislature eyes wider DNA sampling of convicts