HUNTERDON COUNTY, N.J. - A Phillipsburg man is facing sex charges in Hunterdon County, N.J.
Stewart Maryon, 59, was arrested Monday for allegedly engaging in sexual conduct with a child between the ages of 13 and 16.
Maryon was charged with aggravated criminal sexual contact and endangering the welfare of a child.
Hunterdon County officials said the alleged incident took place in Lebanon Twp. on or about November 28, 2013.
Maryon was arrested in Hunterdon County as the result of a joint investigation conducted by detectives from the Hunterdon County Special Victims Unit, and the Lebanon Twp. and Phillipsburg police departments.
Bail was at $25,000. Maryon is awaiting his first court appearance in Hunterdon County Jail.
Maryon had been a coach with the Phillipsburg Police Athletic League. The organization's Facebook page states that charges against him involved children "outside of our organization" but added: "He will no longer be welcomed at any Phillipsburg PAL events in the future."
This investigation is ongoing and anyone with additional information is requested to contact the Hunterdon County Special Victim's Unit at 908-788-1129.
Anyone with information for law enforcement can submit anonymous tips by calling Crime Stoppers at 1-800-321-0010 or by going to www.crimestoppershunterdon.com, or text messaging "HCTIPS" plus your tip message to 274637 (CRIMES).
Tipsters can also download the free mobile app "Tipsubmit" and select Hunterdon County to submit anonymous tips via text messaging. All tips are anonymous and kept confidential.
- Christie signs $400M bill for transportation projects
- About $1.7M in public funds disbursed in governor's race
- Budget battle on horizon for potential Christie successor
- New Jersey man charged with sex assault of child
- Warren Co. Freeholders pass 2017 budget with no tax increase
- Phillipsburg 10-year-old saves grandfather's life with Heimlich maneuver
- Martin Tower remediation discussed
- BASD officials respond to accusations
- Red Knight fever reaches city council; parade in the works
- Ex-church official due in court as lawyers plan for retrial
- Police investigating Route 562 crash in Exeter
- Some fog this morning and periods of rain today
- Reading Area Water Authority forensic audit to be released
- Ron Angle returns for third stint on Bangor Area School Board
- Life Lessons: Social media: Fire your boss?
- Allentown man hits trifecta facing DUI, drug and assault charges