PHILLIPSBURG, N.J. - A 69-year-old man of Phillipsburg was arrested Nov. 2 on charges of sexual assault with a minor.
Officials say Thomas Degroat committed multiple acts of sexual contact including sexual penetration, specifically digital penetration, upon a child under 13 years old. Degroat knew the child, according to detectives.
He remains in the Warren County Correctional Center after the state filed a motion for pretrial detention.
The charges Degroat faces are aggravated sexual assault, endangering the welfare of a child and sexual assault by contact. If proven guilty on certain charges, Degroat could spend up to 10 years to life in imprisonment.
Police in New Jersey said the driver of a tanker truck looked at his cell phone before hitting a guiderail and overturning on Route 22.Read More »
- Easton vs. Phillipsburg powder puff game kicks off rivalry week
- Phillipsburg lawns could be sporting wrong mascot
- Parking restrictions for Easton-Phillipsburg rival game
- Police: Woman hits six cars, shoplifts dog food
- Reward offered for info on Hunterdon County arson
- Students get first-hand accounts of the horrors of heroin
- Car crashes through garage in Muhlenberg Township
- Updated Overturned fuel tanker closes Route 22 eastbound in Lopatcong
- Suspect arrested in Pennsylvania police officer shooting
- Sentencing phase begins in Adam Matos quadruple murder case
- Life Lessons: Dress for success
- Bethlehem Township proposes no tax increase in 2018
- Upper Saucon approves 2018 budget adjustments
- 30 years later, Alvernia professor still hears call of the turkey
- No tax increase for Muhlenberg Township residents
- Bethlehem paramedics request body armor to protect themselves from irate patients