FLEMINGTON, N.J. - A Phillipsburg man was arrested for sexual assault of a child, according to the Hunterdon County prosecutor.
Officials said Steven W. Newman, 50, was charged Friday with aggravated sexual assault, endangering the welfare of a child and lewdness.
Investigators say the victim was a child less than 13 years old and the crimes occurred in Flemington Borough.
Newman is being held at the Somerset County Jail.
Anyone with additional information is asked to call the Hunterdon County Prosecutor's Office Special Victims Unit at 908-788-1129.
- Christie unveils online drug disposal locator in New Jersey
- Christie to mark prescription drug disposal event
- Closings expected in Florida doctor's Medicare fraud trial
- Commission set to vote on New Jersey statehouse renovations
- Basking Ridge, N.J. says goodbye to an old friend
- State police: 1 killed in crash with State Police vehicle
- Updated Convicted cop killer Eric Frein sentenced to death
- Updated NFL Draft kicks off in Philadelphia
- U-Haul truck crashes into pole along S. Pike Avenue in Salisbury Twp.
- Lafayette College gets zoning changes needed for new College Hill dorms
- More than 100 businesses to strike on May Day
- Crash closes Route 422 East between Mount Penn, I-176 exits
- Bittner's Corner Bridge spurs Lehigh County Commissioner debate
- Delaware trooper fatally shot; suspect barricaded in house
- Woman reportedly arrested for arson in Minersville fire
- Life Lessons: Nursery product-related injuries rising