FLEMINGTON, N.J. - A Phillipsburg man was arrested for sexual assault of a child, according to the Hunterdon County prosecutor.
Officials said Steven W. Newman, 50, was charged Friday with aggravated sexual assault, endangering the welfare of a child and lewdness.
Investigators say the victim was a child less than 13 years old and the crimes occurred in Flemington Borough.
Newman is being held at the Somerset County Jail.
Anyone with additional information is asked to call the Hunterdon County Prosecutor's Office Special Victims Unit at 908-788-1129.
The Supreme Court will take up New Jersey's bid to allow sports betting at its casinos and racetracks.Read More »
- N.J. Task Force on Campus Sexual Assault releases report
- Legislature to consider budget but no deal with Christie
- NJ workers help woman find treasured necklace in trash
- Workers help NJ woman find prized necklace in trash
- Man sentenced for fatal shooting of woman in Phillipsburg
- Christie's push for opioid cash from insurer hits roadblock
- Updated Getaway driver in Lehigh Valley shooting spree pleads guilty
- Updated Train, tractor trailer collide in Bangor
- New Mountainville Bowling Center closing Wednesday
- Some Pocono parks consider charging non-resident fees
- City shuts down luxury Airbnb in Bethlehem
- Plastics manufacturing workers rally in Harrisburg
- Patients battling cancer receive special donation
- Chester DA announces 46 drug arrests in 'Operation Wildfire'
- Miss Fashion Week coming to Allentown
- Sojourn shows off natural resources of the Lehigh River