FLEMINGTON, N.J. - A Phillipsburg man was arrested for sexual assault of a child, according to the Hunterdon County prosecutor.
Officials said Steven W. Newman, 50, was charged Friday with aggravated sexual assault, endangering the welfare of a child and lewdness.
Investigators say the victim was a child less than 13 years old and the crimes occurred in Flemington Borough.
Newman is being held at the Somerset County Jail.
Anyone with additional information is asked to call the Hunterdon County Prosecutor's Office Special Victims Unit at 908-788-1129.
Warren County Freeholders passed the 2017 county budget with no tax levy increases Wednesday night.Read More »
- Phillipsburg 10-year-old saves grandfather's life with Heimlich maneuver
- High Bridge Rescue Squad man arrested for sexually assaulting child
- N.J. woman indicted for biting, spitting on officer
- Booker, Menendez raise concerns over PennEast gas pipeline
- Phillipsburg budget proposal includes tax increase
- Phillipsburg ready for downtown renaissance