PHILLIPSBURG, N.J. - Phillipsburg police are looking for a purse snatcher who knocked a 67-year-old woman to the ground Sunday night.
The strong-arm robbery happened at about 8:45 p.m. Sunday at South Main and Cross streets.
Police report the woman was walking when approached by the male, who grabbed her purse and knocked her down, then fled.
The victim, who resides in the city, complained of hip pain. She was taken to St. Luke's Hospital in Warren County for treatment of her injuries.
Police described the suspect as a thin male, race unknown, who was wearing dark-colored pants and a hooded sweatshirt.
Anyone with information about the robbery is asked to call Phillipsburg police at 908-454-1121.
All calls will be kept confidential.
New Jersey's overall crime rate in 2015 decreased by 5 percent compared to 2014, but there was a sharp rise in reported sex crimes.Read More »
- 600-year-old tree that witnessed history taken down
- Catnip Friends Rescue owner facing animal cruelty charges
- Freeholders call for more Route 31 Shuttle riders
- Christie unveils online drug disposal locator in New Jersey
- Christie to mark prescription drug disposal event
- Closings expected in Florida doctor's Medicare fraud trial
- Updated Arrest made in Allentown murder
- Deadly dog attack prompts warning to other dog owners
- Updated Members of white supremacist group face federal charges
- Updated Police: Argument leads to man being intentionally struck by vehicle
- Updated Nazareth rollover crash injures two
- BB gun-toting vandals shooting out car windows in Reading
- Updated Mahoning Drive-in Theatre is open for business
- Updated Almost like summer at FirstEnergy Stadium
- Updated Man shot in Allentown Friday afternoon
- 88-year-young student celebrated at ESU