Phillipsburg, N.J. - Over 50 Sears and Kmart stores are closing, and the Sears in Phillipsburg has made the list.
According to a news release from Sears Holdings, the company is continuing to close 'unprofitable stores' to transform its business model.
Employees were informed of the closure Nov. 2 and the company says they will receive severance and have the opportunity to apply for open positions at other Kmart and Sears locations.
The stores, including Sears in Phillipsburg, will close late January 2018 but will still be open during the holiday season.
Phillipsburg won’t change its municipal parking lot fees for at least a little while longer. Council did repeal the section of town code dealing with paying at municipal lots during Tuesday’s regular meeting but tabled its replacement after three...Read More »
- Snow emergencies in place for local areas
- Indoor marijuana farm pitched for Alpha, New Jersey
- I-78 Logistics Park sold for $43 million
- Alpha still treading water on pool decision
- Fire heavily damages home in Hunterdon County
- Trenton man arrested for drug possession in Clinton Township
- Allentown Council delays vote on Pawlowski picks, gets malware brief
- Two injured in Allentown hit and run
- LCCC closes all campuses due to security threat
- Bank robbed, pair of Wilson schools put on lockdown
- Local students rally for change after Florida school shooting
- Updated Easton schools security paramount issue
- Phillipsburg municipal lot fees still unchanged
- Allentown residents enthusiastic about new school
- Bethlehem amending its zoning laws
- "Time to put up or shut up"