GREENWICH TWP., Pa. - New Jersey State Police released more details on a fatal crash that backed up traffic on Interstate 78 for miles Tuesday morning.
Two tractor trailers and two vehicles were involved in the crash that started in the westbound lanes and ended on the eastbound side near Exit 6 in Greenwich Township, Warren County.
Police said it started when a tractor trailer driving westbound sideswiped a car just after 6 a.m.
The collision sent the tractor trailer off the road and through the center grass median.
The tractor trailer hit a car driving in the eastbound lanes, then hit another tractor trailer parked on the shoulder before coming to a stop.
The driver of the vehicle that was hit in in the eastbound lanes was killed. Police identified her as Eileen Olson, 48, of Phillipsburg,
Part of the highway was shut down for several hours while police investigated.
69 News QuadCopter video shows traffic backed up for miles.
Congressman Leonard Lance of New Jersey announced the Department of Health and Human Services awarded the state nearly $13 million to combat the opioid crisis.Read More »
- Man arrested in connection with fatal overdose in New Jersey
- New Jersey medical marijuana program moves to mobile platform
- New Jersey governor OK's automatic voter registration
- New Jersey man sentenced for sexual conduct with minor
- Police-involved shootings discussed at New Jersey town hall
- Woman calls for stricter pet laws after dog dies at groomers
- Toxicologists testify about Benadryl, quaaludes in Cosby retrial
- Lehigh University dissolves Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity
- Woman finds another piece of Southwest Airlines plane debris
- PennDOT repairs hole in Hellertown Water Street Bridge
- Updated Police ask retailers to be on lookout for gift card scams
- Berks funeral home invites condolences to Bush family
- Crews clear logjam from Schuylkill River near Douglassville
- Magic returns to Reading with reopening of Mingus Magic Shop
- Volunteers spruce up local veteran nonprofit
- Free Lego exhibit in Allentown displays children's designs