GREENWICH TWP., Pa. - New Jersey State Police released more details on a fatal crash that backed up traffic on Interstate 78 for miles Tuesday morning.
Two tractor trailers and two vehicles were involved in the crash that started in the westbound lanes and ended on the eastbound side near Exit 6 in Greenwich Township, Warren County.
Police said it started when a tractor trailer driving westbound sideswiped a car just after 6 a.m.
The collision sent the tractor trailer off the road and through the center grass median.
The tractor trailer hit a car driving in the eastbound lanes, then hit another tractor trailer parked on the shoulder before coming to a stop.
The driver of the vehicle that was hit in in the eastbound lanes was killed. Police identified her as Eileen Olson, 48, of Phillipsburg,
Part of the highway was shut down for several hours while police investigated.
69 News QuadCopter video shows traffic backed up for miles.
- New Jersey man sentenced to 8 years for vehicular homicide
- Flemington council gives nod to controversial Union Hotel redevelopment plan
- New Jersey bear hunt extended 4 days this week
- Police investigate burglary at house in Hunterdon County
- 2 more prisoners file complaint against correction officers
- New Jersey bear hunt could be extended, or could be the last
- Police ID man fatally shot in Reading; shooter at large
- Train pushes truck about 200 yards in fatal collision
- 2 hospitalized, more than dozen displaced by fire in Reading
- Updated Arts Around Town: Demkee marks 40 years as Allentown Band conductor
- Updated Exeter evicts Viva as country club's caterer, pub operator
- Updated Tom Ridge returns home nearly a month after heart attack
- Grease fire damages home near Barto, sends man to hospital
- Bear Creek sets plans to open slopes for 2017-18 season
- Cops: Man lured wife saying he had gifts for kids, shot her
- Reading police say Pear Street shooting now a homicide