HACKETTSTOWN, N.J. - Police in Warren County, New Jersey, are investigating after someone reportedly threatened to blow up a college dormitory.
Police were called to the Anderson Dormitory at Centenary College at 400 Jefferson St. in Hackettstown around 7:15 Sunday night.
Investigators say a man carrying a pink helium tank was threatening to blow it up-- authorities originally thought he was referring to the dormitory.
The man is described as a black man with a grey hooded sweatshirt and dark pants.
Police say there was no imminent danger to the college or the town.
Anyone who saw something suspicious Sunday night in the area of Centenary College is asked to call the Hackettstown Police Department at 908-852-3302.
New Jersey's overall crime rate in 2015 decreased by 5 percent compared to 2014, but there was a sharp rise in reported sex crimes.Read More »
- 600-year-old tree that witnessed history taken down
- Catnip Friends Rescue owner facing animal cruelty charges
- Freeholders call for more Route 31 Shuttle riders
- Christie unveils online drug disposal locator in New Jersey
- Christie to mark prescription drug disposal event
- Closings expected in Florida doctor's Medicare fraud trial
- President Trump to sign executive order on trade while in Pennsylvania
- First responders practice emergency preparedness at LVIA
- Candidates for Allentown mayor weigh in on the issues
- Deadly dog attack prompts warning to other dog owners
- Arrest made in Allentown murder
- Crews rescue woman from Allentown fire
- Members of white supremacist group face federal charges
- Police: Argument leads to man being intentionally struck by vehicle
- Nazareth rollover crash injures two
- BB gun-toting vandals shooting out car windows in Reading