HACKETTSTOWN, N.J. - Hackettstown police are investigating an incident involving a 17-year-old female who was reportedly taken against her will.
Officials say the female student and a few friends left Hackettstown High School around 2:40 p.m. Thursday and headed to Dunkin' Donuts. After leaving, they drove north on Mountain Avenue toward Willow Grove Street.
The female victim then walked her friend home and after leaving her friend's house shortly before 4 p.m., she was reportedly approached from behind by a male while walking alone on Willow Grove Street.
Officials say the male forced something over the victim's mouth and then she went unconscious. The female reportedly might have been inside a vehicle during the incident; she then remembered walking in the area of Hackettstown Middle School.
Police report the female is now home safe.
Anyone who might have seen the female, who is about 5 feet tall with long brown hair, was wearing a pink sweatshirt with a butterfly, blue jeans and white sneakers, walking in Hackettstown, please contact the Hackettstown Detective Bureau at 908-852-3302 or 908-852-3300.
"Beginning Monday, March 5, the district will be adding additional security staff district-wide, to assist law enforcement while providing the safest environment possible. The district, as always, encourages parents, community members and staff to remain vigilant in our efforts to protect our students and school community," said David C. Mango, Superintendent of Schools in Hackettstown.
- Fmr. North Warren superintendent acquitted on sexual assault charges
- New Jersey governor's budget plan already making waves
- Delaware Water Gap trails closed from winter storm damage
- 17-year-old arrested in Hackettstown abduction hoax
- Blairstown man facing charges in relation to possessing child pornography
- Tractor-trailers halt traffic on I-78
- Light wintry mix Tuesday, turning to steadier snow Wednesday
- DA formulating plan to bring Esterly back to Pennsylvania
- Fire destroys garage in Weisenberg Township
- Wanted man arrested after allegedly firing shots from stolen gun
- Uninvited guest arrested after trippy visit to North Whitehall home
- Driver charged in Allentown hit-and-run
- Life Lessons: Drugstores: Deal or no deal?
- Muhlenberg gives nod to several projects
- Per-phase fee payment benefits developers, township
- Analyst foresees hard-fought race for 6th District