WASHINGTON, Pa. - Police in Warren County, N.J., arrested three suspects Thanksgiving Day after investigating a report of shots fired and a foot chase.
Washington Township police responded to the area of South Wandling Avenue and Marble Street in Washington borough shortly after 4 p.m. Thursday to investigate a report of shots fired. The Washington Township Police Department provides police coverage for the borough.
When police arrived, officers found three adults in a wooded area near the Shabbacong Creek. As officers approached them, two of the people ran, while the third, 25-year-old Michael Ike was taken into custody immediately, according to police.
Police charged the Phillipsburg man with disorderly conduct and maintaining a nuisance.
Authorities apprehended the second suspect, 22-year-old James Cornish, after a short foot chase. Cornish faces charges of disorderly conduct and maintaining a nuisance.
Police set up a perimeter as they searched for the third suspect, who reportedly had a handgun. Authorities said several leads led to the capture of Emily Phillips at her father's house in neighboring Washington Township. Police Lt. John Kaufman said they searched the home after Phillips' father agreed to let police search the house.
The 20-year-old faces charges of resisting arrest, disorderly conduct and discharging a firearm.
Authorities said their investigation continues, and that no injuries were reported during the chase.
Assisting in the incident were New Jersey State Police, the state police aviation unit, Mansfield Township police, the Warren County Tactical Unit and the Washington Borough animal control officer.
Kaufman said police also arrested Phillips' father, 58-year-old Stephen Phillips, on drug charges after searching the home for his daughter.
New Jersey state and local authorities are investigating a spate of suspicious fires in Hunterdon County.Read More »
- Developer sues town of Phillipsburg over hotel
- New Jersey man sentenced to 8 years for vehicular homicide
- Flemington council gives nod to controversial Union Hotel redevelopment plan
- New Jersey bear hunt extended 4 days this week
- Police investigate burglary at house in Hunterdon County
- 2 more prisoners file complaint against correction officers
- Trio of suspicious fires have Hunterdon County authorities alarmed
- Dinardo and Kratz plead not guilty to homicide charges
- Updated Space heater to blame for fatal Schwenksville fire
- Easton PD: Man shot multiple times on W. Wilkes Barre St.
- Updated Community celebrates Hanukkah with latke cook-off
- State Police: Schwenksville fire caused by extension cord failure
- Tiny house sending big message
- Driver killed in Alburtis train crash identified
- Family describes Jamie Metzger's life at time of disappearance
- Health Beat: Cesium for prostate cancer