WASHINGTON, Pa. - Police in Warren County, N.J., arrested three suspects Thanksgiving Day after investigating a report of shots fired and a foot chase.
Washington Township police responded to the area of South Wandling Avenue and Marble Street in Washington borough shortly after 4 p.m. Thursday to investigate a report of shots fired. The Washington Township Police Department provides police coverage for the borough.
When police arrived, officers found three adults in a wooded area near the Shabbacong Creek. As officers approached them, two of the people ran, while the third, 25-year-old Michael Ike was taken into custody immediately, according to police.
Police charged the Phillipsburg man with disorderly conduct and maintaining a nuisance.
Authorities apprehended the second suspect, 22-year-old James Cornish, after a short foot chase. Cornish faces charges of disorderly conduct and maintaining a nuisance.
Police set up a perimeter as they searched for the third suspect, who reportedly had a handgun. Authorities said several leads led to the capture of Emily Phillips at her father's house in neighboring Washington Township. Police Lt. John Kaufman said they searched the home after Phillips' father agreed to let police search the house.
The 20-year-old faces charges of resisting arrest, disorderly conduct and discharging a firearm.
Authorities said their investigation continues, and that no injuries were reported during the chase.
Assisting in the incident were New Jersey State Police, the state police aviation unit, Mansfield Township police, the Warren County Tactical Unit and the Washington Borough animal control officer.
Kaufman said police also arrested Phillips' father, 58-year-old Stephen Phillips, on drug charges after searching the home for his daughter.
Congressman Leonard Lance of New Jersey announced the Department of Health and Human Services awarded the state nearly $13 million to combat the opioid crisis.Read More »
- Man arrested in connection with fatal overdose in New Jersey
- New Jersey medical marijuana program moves to mobile platform
- New Jersey governor OK's automatic voter registration
- New Jersey man sentenced for sexual conduct with minor
- Police-involved shootings discussed at New Jersey town hall
- Woman calls for stricter pet laws after dog dies at groomers
- Updated Brisk, chilly Friday with a mix of clouds and sun
- Democratic candidates debate hot-button issues
- Terrifying health scare gets couple into running
- Berks County philanthropist warmly remembered
- Lower Macungie hikes fee for developers
- Northampton County disbanding gaming authority
- Lehigh Valley teams going to World Finals in scholastic competition
- Police ask retailers to be on lookout for gift card scams
- Berks funeral home invites condolences to Bush family
- Crews clear logjam from Schuylkill River near Douglassville