Police say a man was arrested near the George Washington Bridge in New York after a wild sequence of crimes that started in Hazleton and continued through Warren County, New Jersey.
Authorities in Hazleton say 32-year-old Luis Figueroa tried to abduct a woman who was eight months pregnant.
They say he later assaulted a National Park employee in Warren County and stole her vehicle.
Officials say Figueroa later tried to trade the stolen vehicle at a car dealership in New Jersey and started a fire there.
Authorities say he later struck two vehicles near the George Washington Bridge.
He was later arrested when he tried to run away.
No court, no council meetings and definitely no visitors on two floors of the Phillipsburg municipal building.Read More »
- Man wanted in Hunterdon County on assault charges
- South Hunterdon School District addresses lead in schools
- New Jersey animal control officer arrested for sexual assault of minor
- Thimble tossed! Game piece voted out of Monopoly board game
- Judge: Bridge case complaint against Christie can proceed
- New Jersey school district finds lead in water
- Updated Immigration officials detain alleged undocumented immigrants in Poconos
- Updated Man stabs wife, stepdaughter in car in Allentown
- Updated Van rear-ends box truck on Route 222
- Updated U.S. News & World Report rank Allentown in top 100 best places to live
- Updated Supporters, protesters line up hours ahead of N.J. congressman's town hall
- Updated Phillipsburg town officials need to make a decision ASAP when it comes to mold
- Updated One Tank Trip: Bloom Bloom exhibit at Kutztown University
- Executive orders prompt new response to undocumented immigrants
- Updated Berks native, famous artist now lives on through children's book
- Attorney general says costs related to Kane reached $3.6M