WASHINGTON TWP.,, N.J. - A five-year-old child in Warren County, New Jersey, was flown to the hospital Monday after falling out of a window.
Crews were dispatched to the scene on Hann Terrace in Washington at 3:42 p.m.
Neighbors tell 69 News the boy fell from a second story window.
" I was watching TV, all of a sudden I heard this crash, and I heard a kid holler 'Mommy.' And that was it," said Helen Corter, a neighbor.
Corter said she saw the mother come running out of the home soon after the child fell. She said the child was then taken inside until emergency responders arrived.
"The white screen that is leaned against the house, that was what was in the window. And I guess when he hit the window that came out and so did he," Corter said.
The child was flown to Morristown Medical Center in Morristown, New Jersey. Police said the child is in critical condition.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Updated Crews prep for weekend wintry weather
- Updated PA Turnpike reopened after wreck in Lehigh Tunnel
- Police: Dieruff student said he was going to kill everyone at school
- Updated Black Panther premiere party a hit in Allentown
- Arson suspected in fire at Ashley Furniture; $1.5M damage
- Deadline looms: Pa. court has until Monday to pick new map
- Spin and win deals at eateries with new app
- Pedestrian struck by car on Route 61 in Leesport
- Amity homeowners on alert after string of burglaries
- Local residents make a difference in Sierra Leone