READINGTON TWP., N.J. - A woman died early Wednesday after police said she fell from a tractor trailer and was hit by two trucks on Interstate 78.
The accident happened around 1:30 a.m. in the eastbound lanes of I-78 near mile marker 26.3 in Readington Township, Hunterdon County.
Juana Alvarado was riding in the cab of a tractor trailer driven by her husband, Luis Alvarado, when, for unknown reasons, she fell from the passenger side of the cab, New Jersey State Police said.
Alvarado, 46, fell into the right lane of travel and was struck by another tractor trailer and a box truck that were traveling behind, police said.
She died at the scene.
The Alvarados are from the Bronx, New York.
Federal officials are investigating after a 15-year-old Pennsylvania boy fell about 45 feet (13.72 meters) and died while volunteering on a construction project inside a New Jersey Hindu temple.Read More »
- New Jersey Corrections Officer indicted for sexual assault
- Virtual kidnapping telephone scam hits Hunterdon County
- I-78 construction to begin, severe delays expected
- Pennsylvania man sentenced for gun trafficking in New Jersey
- Phillipsburg aims to strike back at bad landlords
- DEP lifts drought warning for Hunterdon, Somerset counties
- Updated Emmaus woman a witness to Barcelona terror attack
- Updated SaikouCon takes over downtown Allentown
- Updated Steve Bannon out as White House Chief Strategist
- Mother wants justice for daughter's injuries from pit bull attack
- Local boy suffers from speech disorder but makes strides in improvement
- Happy 105th birthday, Millie!
- Field trip: Dozens of new Reading school teachers tour city
- PHOTOS: Berks hit hard by heavy rain
- Nazareth Moravian Church provides healthy lunches to those in need
- UGI employees support Central Pennsylvania Horse Rescue through motorcycle charity ride