READINGTON TWP., N.J. - A woman died early Wednesday after police said she fell from a tractor trailer and was hit by two trucks on Interstate 78.
The accident happened around 1:30 a.m. in the eastbound lanes of I-78 near mile marker 26.3 in Readington Township, Hunterdon County.
Juana Alvarado was riding in the cab of a tractor trailer driven by her husband, Luis Alvarado, when, for unknown reasons, she fell from the passenger side of the cab, New Jersey State Police said.
Alvarado, 46, fell into the right lane of travel and was struck by another tractor trailer and a box truck that were traveling behind, police said.
She died at the scene.
The Alvarados are from the Bronx, New York.
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie has unveiled an online tool to help people dispose of prescription drugs as part of a nationwide event aimed at encouraging proper disposal.Read More »
- Christie to mark prescription drug disposal event
- Closings expected in Florida doctor's Medicare fraud trial
- Commission set to vote on New Jersey statehouse renovations
- Basking Ridge, N.J. says goodbye to an old friend
- State police: 1 killed in crash with State Police vehicle
- Ex-clerk files federal lawsuit claiming Alpha Borough allowed sexual harassment
- Jury begins deliberations in sentencing of Eric Frein
- Updated Crash closes Route 422 East between Mount Penn, I-176 exits
- Updated Delaware trooper fatally shot; suspect barricaded in house
- Updated Lawyers for Allentown mayor in court for suit over attorney fees
- Updated Officials warn of 'Narcan parties'
- Updated Reading Health System honors its volunteers
- Updated Local lawmakers have mixed reactions to Trump's tax plan
- Updated Disguised deadly drug in Lancaster could soon be in Berks
- Updated Emmaus High School, Adidas sign 4-year contract
- Prosecutors seek harsher sentence for ex-congressional aide