HANOVER TWP., Pa. - An Army Reserve captain from our area got a happy homecoming Monday afternoon.
Captain Jeovanni Rodriguez of Stewartsville, Warren County, New Jersey returned to LVIA.
He's returned from Afghanistan after a 13-month tour with the 432nd Civil Affairs Platoon out of Green Bay, Wisconsin.
Family members and friends were on hand to greet him at Lehigh Valley International Airport.
Captain Rodriguez is also a New Jersey state trooper and a couple of them were there to welcome him home.
The captain also got a new "best friend!" His wife got him a chocolate lab, named "Gunny," for his return.
Warren County Freeholders passed the 2017 county budget with no tax levy increases Wednesday night.Read More »
- Phillipsburg 10-year-old saves grandfather's life with Heimlich maneuver
- High Bridge Rescue Squad man arrested for sexually assaulting child
- N.J. woman indicted for biting, spitting on officer
- Booker, Menendez raise concerns over PennEast gas pipeline
- Phillipsburg budget proposal includes tax increase
- Phillipsburg ready for downtown renaissance
- Updated Jury reaches verdict in trial of Penn State ex-president
- Updated Driver killed, another injured in crash in Exeter
- 2 charged in 2013 killing of 16-year-old in Allentown
- Updated Reading Red Knights sent to championship game in style
- Updated Prosecutor: Penn State trial jury kept focus on kids
- Updated Health Beat: Operation Walk USA
- Police allege suspect tries to run after officer finds stolen gun
- Woman guilty of kidnapping baby from KOP food court
- Suspect in sex assault case backs out of plea deal
- Air Products announces it will not purchase Yingde Gases Group