HANOVER TWP., Pa. - An Army Reserve captain from our area got a happy homecoming Monday afternoon.
Captain Jeovanni Rodriguez of Stewartsville, Warren County, New Jersey returned to LVIA.
He's returned from Afghanistan after a 13-month tour with the 432nd Civil Affairs Platoon out of Green Bay, Wisconsin.
Family members and friends were on hand to greet him at Lehigh Valley International Airport.
Captain Rodriguez is also a New Jersey state trooper and a couple of them were there to welcome him home.
The captain also got a new "best friend!" His wife got him a chocolate lab, named "Gunny," for his return.
Closing arguments are expected in the Medicare fraud trial of a prominent Florida eye doctor who authorities say bribed a U.S. senator.Read More »
- Commission set to vote on New Jersey statehouse renovations
- Basking Ridge, N.J. says goodbye to an old friend
- State police: 1 killed in crash with State Police vehicle
- Ex-clerk files federal lawsuit claiming Alpha Borough allowed sexual harassment
- State police: Trooper, 2 people in SUV injured in crash
- Lawyers: Can Menendez trial jurors be asked how they voted
- Updated Crews respond to crash near Dorney Park
- Updated Jury to begin weighing sentence for police ambush killer
- Berks County officials continue to discuss partnership with ICE
- Updated SteelStacks partners with Lehigh Valley Grand Prix for inaugural fundraising event
- Updated Rollover crash reported along I-78 in Lower Saucon
- Updated Daughter: Bill Cosby 'is not abusive, violent or a rapist'
- Life Lessons: Be Strong: Anti-bullying phone app
- A little rain this morning; otherwise mostly cloudy and turning milder today
- Multi-Purpose skatepark in the works in Reading
- Updated Hanover Township hears Turkey Hill liquor license request