HANOVER TWP., Pa. - An Army Reserve captain from our area got a happy homecoming Monday afternoon.
Captain Jeovanni Rodriguez of Stewartsville, Warren County, New Jersey returned to LVIA.
He's returned from Afghanistan after a 13-month tour with the 432nd Civil Affairs Platoon out of Green Bay, Wisconsin.
Family members and friends were on hand to greet him at Lehigh Valley International Airport.
Captain Rodriguez is also a New Jersey state trooper and a couple of them were there to welcome him home.
The captain also got a new "best friend!" His wife got him a chocolate lab, named "Gunny," for his return.
A judge says he won't throw out charges that could result in a mandatory life prison sentence for a man accused of plotting bomb attacks in New Jersey and New York that injured 30 people.Read More »
- Phillipsburg sets parking lots, rates
- New drug & mental health facility opens in Phillipsburg
- Owner of New Jersey horse therapy farm charged with animal cruelty
- New Jersey homeowner indicted on arson charge
- New Jersey man charged with sexual assault on child over several years
- Driver pulls away after stealing gas, injures clerk in Lopatcong
- Updated Northampton DA orders grand jury investigation into fatal police shooting
- Updated Suspect surrenders in stabbing of 2 teens in Reading
- Juror says Cosby trial panel almost evenly split
- Updated Senate to unveil healthcare bill
- Updated Prosecutors to seek death penalty in fatal Palmer Twp. shooting
- Updated Berks County looking at budget deficit in 2018
- Updated Auditor faults Penn State's tuition hikes, admissions record
- Warm and comfortable today
- Arts Around Town: Touching story of Hilton twins in Genesius Theatre's 'Side Show'
- Animals, rides, exhibitors and contests pack the Schnecksville Community Festival