HANOVER TWP., Pa. - An Army Reserve captain from our area got a happy homecoming Monday afternoon.
Captain Jeovanni Rodriguez of Stewartsville, Warren County, New Jersey returned to LVIA.
He's returned from Afghanistan after a 13-month tour with the 432nd Civil Affairs Platoon out of Green Bay, Wisconsin.
Family members and friends were on hand to greet him at Lehigh Valley International Airport.
Captain Rodriguez is also a New Jersey state trooper and a couple of them were there to welcome him home.
The captain also got a new "best friend!" His wife got him a chocolate lab, named "Gunny," for his return.
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie says he'll consider his options after he leaves office and hasn't declared himself a candidate to work at a sports radio station in New York.Read More »
- Rep. Leonard Lance Town Hall gets loud
- Phillipsburg town officials need to make a decision ASAP when it comes to mold
- Man wanted in Hunterdon County on assault charges
- South Hunterdon School District addresses lead in schools
- New Jersey animal control officer arrested for sexual assault of minor
- Thimble tossed! Game piece voted out of Monopoly board game
- Updated Palmer Twp. shooting suspect charged with criminal homicide
- Near-record warmth again today
- City of Reading receives FBI subpoena for documents
- Updated Judge: Only 1 Cosby accuser can testify at sex assault trial
- Updated Sunrise Chef: 19 Bella
- Life Lessons: End of life start ups
- Emergency sewer work shuts down Rt. 100 in Bally Borough
- 6 charged in connection with alleged gang slaying
- LVPC releases 'Livable Landscapes' survey results
- ASD hires Alvin Butz for school projects