BELVIDERE, N.J. - Rumors that St. Luke's Hospital is buying Warren County's nursing home are just that, county officials said Wednesday night.
The future of the Warren Haven nursing home dominated the public discussion portion of Wednesday's Board of Freeholder's Meeting.
Among the speakers was AFSCME 3287 president Tracy Smith who said word was circulating that the home had already been sold to St. Luke's.
"The people I've heard it from work for St. Luke's, in high office," Smith said.
But the freeholders were quick to quash this rumor.
"We're not even near that bridge yet," said Freeholder Rich Gardner.
The county has been considering privatizing Warren Haven, while also negotiating with unions there to cut costs.
Also Wednesday, Charles Houck, the county's chief financial officer said the IRS would perform a routine audit of the county's payroll records.
"The agent I spoke with said 'You won the lottery,'" Houck told the board. "Apparently we were randomly drawn."
“Anyone that violates the public trust must be held accountable,” said Hunterdon County Prosecutor Anthony P. Kearns, III.Read More »
- Christie on the radio? He says he'll consider his options
- Rep. Leonard Lance Town Hall gets loud
- Phillipsburg town officials need to make a decision ASAP when it comes to mold
- Man wanted in Hunterdon County on assault charges
- South Hunterdon School District addresses lead in schools
- New Jersey animal control officer arrested for sexual assault of minor
- Public memorial service planned for Al Boscov
- Man shot, killed by Reading police after allegedly pointing shotgun at officers
- Strong storms move through the region
- Police investigating morning shooting in Reading
- Police searching for missing man in Bethlehem
- Bethlehem police searching for missing elderly man
- Judge: Man charged in deadly stabbing will remain jailed
- Police work to bring back murder suspect who fled state with 6-year-old daughter
- Police: Driver owes nearly $13,000 in unpaid tolls, fees
- Motorists seeing slightly lower gas prices in New Jersey