BELVIDERE, N.J. - Anthony Juliano was taken into custody Friday for stealing a tip jar from an Italian restaurant in Warren County, N.J.
Juliano was charged with theft of moveable property after appearing in court on an unrelated charge.
On March 1, a thief stole a tip jar containing a few hundred dollars from Francesco's Italian Restaurant on South Main Street in Pohatcong Township.
On Friday, Pohatcong police identified 27-year-old Juliano, of the 400 block of New Brunsick Avenue in Pohatcong Township, as the suspect.
Police said they identified him via Facebook.
A hearing on the theft charge is scheduled for 9 a.m. March 19 in Warren County Courthouse.
New Jersey's overall crime rate in 2015 decreased by 5 percent compared to 2014, but there was a sharp rise in reported sex crimes.Read More »
- 600-year-old tree that witnessed history taken down
- Catnip Friends Rescue owner facing animal cruelty charges
- Freeholders call for more Route 31 Shuttle riders
- Christie unveils online drug disposal locator in New Jersey
- Christie to mark prescription drug disposal event
- Closings expected in Florida doctor's Medicare fraud trial
- Updated PSP troopers injured in struggle with bar patron
- Updated Police: Argument leads to man being intentionally struck by vehicle
- Woman dies after being attacked by her dog in Upper Macungie
- Updated New report shows percent drop in overall crime in New Jersey
- Updated Police activity prompts 'secure in place' measure at Pleasant Valley School District
- Judge: Cosby jury can hear about quaaludes, not Spanish fly
- Warm again today with some sunshine
- Sunrise Chef: Sagra Bistro in Hellertown
- Police allege DUI suspect four times over the limit
- WFMZ says goodbye to Rosa Duarte