FLEMINGTON, N.J. - A Flemington man is facing charges for embezzling from a youth baseball league.
Kevin Lockery, 42, of Flemington is accused of stealing more than $100,000 from the Flemington-Raritan Baseball League, according to the Hunterdon County Prosecutor's office. Lockery was treasurer at the time of the thefts.
The Prosecutor's office says it was notified of discrepancies by the league's Board of Directors after an audit.
The Prosecutor's office announced the charges Monday. Lockery was charged in May.
"I would like to thank the Flemington-Raritan Baseball League for their contribution to youth sports, our children and the community. Since 1953 this organization has been introducing children to the sport of baseball while teaching them valuable lessons about sportsmanship and teamwork. It is unfortunate that this fine organization was subject to this violation of their trust. I wish them well as they continue to serve our community," said Prosecutor Anthony Kearns.
Bail was set at $50,000. Lockrey posted bail and was released pending a first court appearance.
- Phillipsburg town officials need to make a decision ASAP when it comes to mold
- Man wanted in Hunterdon County on assault charges
- South Hunterdon School District addresses lead in schools
- New Jersey animal control officer arrested for sexual assault of minor
- Thimble tossed! Game piece voted out of Monopoly board game
- Judge: Bridge case complaint against Christie can proceed
- Sunoco building 2 pipelines, not just 1 across Pennsylvania
- Updated Man accused of stabbing wife, daughter-in-law in Allentown
- Updated Reading woman killed in crash on I-176 in Caernarvon
- Chicago to rock Musikfest this summer
- New Allentown Health Bureau recognized for emergency preparedness
- Updated Arts Around Town: Marionettes join Bach Choir for 'The Nightingale'
- Updated Crews called to fire along Linden St. in Allentown
- Updated Man charged in Allentown hit-and-run
- Updated Berks commissioners talk future of tax-free municipal bonds
- Updated Record-challenging warmth today, close to records Friday