PHILLIPSBURG, N.J. - Officials say unattended cooking caused the fire that tore through a house in Warren County, New Jersey.
The fire broke out just before 7:30 p.m. Tuesday night on Sitgreaves Street in Phillipsburg.
Officials say the flames started in the kitchen of the second floor apartment.
People inside the home got out safely but three firefighters were treated for non-life threatening injuries.
The American Red Cross is assisting the displaced residents.
Police in Warren County are investigating a grisly discovery made Sunday.Read More »
- New Jersey police allege gun company sold defective guns
- Man charged with stealing Ronald McDonald statue
- State suspends license of Warren County teacher accused of sex assault
- Authorities investigating after Clinton Township SD received suspicious communication
- Firefighters injured while battling flames in Washington Borough
- Minister in Hackettstown accused of taking upskirt photos, videos of church worker
- Updated Allentown police looking for driver who hit, dragged boy on bike
- XO Communications cutting more than 50 jobs in Berks
- Updated Report: MGM/Sands sale falls through
- Updated Leesport VFW honors young soldier home from service
- Updated Township manager says development at Braden Airpark in early stages
- Updated Pennsylvania moves to comply with federal Real ID law
- Insurance chief would lead new health, human services agency
- Local venues discuss security concerns after deadly Manchester attack
- FBI raid suspects in court
- Medal of Honor recipient's son to speak at Memorial Day service