PHILLIPSBURG, N.J. - Officials say unattended cooking caused the fire that tore through a house in Warren County, New Jersey.
The fire broke out just before 7:30 p.m. Tuesday night on Sitgreaves Street in Phillipsburg.
Officials say the flames started in the kitchen of the second floor apartment.
People inside the home got out safely but three firefighters were treated for non-life threatening injuries.
The American Red Cross is assisting the displaced residents.
“Anyone that violates the public trust must be held accountable,” said Hunterdon County Prosecutor Anthony P. Kearns, III.Read More »
- Christie on the radio? He says he'll consider his options
- Rep. Leonard Lance Town Hall gets loud
- Phillipsburg town officials need to make a decision ASAP when it comes to mold
- Man wanted in Hunterdon County on assault charges
- South Hunterdon School District addresses lead in schools
- New Jersey animal control officer arrested for sexual assault of minor
- Route 222 reopens after crash closed it for nearly six hours Friday
- Woman loses more than half her body weight after 140-pound mass is removed
- Updated Lily's Hope Foundation provides "packages of hope" to families with premature babies
- Warm weather in Berks means time for ice cream
- Allentown's Police Athletic League keeping kids on the right track
- Safe travels, Ed: A new generation honors the Greatest
- Union Township woman accused of stealing from Parent Teacher Association
- "Mascots for a Cure" get down in Pottstown
- Black Bass Hotel becomes Hollywood movie set
- Family wants justice after hit-and-run leaves woman in critical condition