WASHINGTON TWP., N.J. - A Warren County couple was arrested on drug charges after police searched their , home Wednesday afternoon.
Arrested were 26-year-old Michael Francisco and 32-year-old Jestina Lamar, who resided at 39 E. Church St. , Washington.
The arrests followed a two-month-long investigation of drug trafficking from the home by the Washington Township Police Department and the narcotics task force of the Warren County Prosecutor's Office.
Three children and three pitbull dogs were in the home, which was searched for drugs and drug trafficking proceeds. A Washington Township police dog was used in the search.
Police found one pound of marijuana that was in the process of being heat sealed in a plastic bag, more than $4,500 in cash, a bong with several pipe attachments and other unspecified contraband.
The Warren County Tactical Response Team also participated in the search of the home.
Francisco and Lamar were charged with possession of illegal drugs, possession with intent to distribute drugs, possession with intent to deliver drugs in a school zone and endangering the welfare of children.
Both were detained in the Warren County Correction Center, unable to post $100,000 bail. To make bail, both must prove any money used is not proceeds from drug trafficking.
The three children were taken into protective custody by the Department of Children Protection and Permanency.
If found guilty on all the charges, Francisco and Lamar face up to 10 years in New Jersey State Prison.
New Jersey's overall crime rate in 2015 decreased by 5 percent compared to 2014, but there was a sharp rise in reported sex crimes.Read More »
- 600-year-old tree that witnessed history taken down
- Catnip Friends Rescue owner facing animal cruelty charges
- Freeholders call for more Route 31 Shuttle riders
- Christie unveils online drug disposal locator in New Jersey
- Christie to mark prescription drug disposal event
- Closings expected in Florida doctor's Medicare fraud trial
- PSP troopers injured in struggle with bar patron
- Updated Police: Argument leads to man being intentionally struck by vehicle
- Updated Woman dies after being attacked by her dog in Upper Macungie
- Updated Doctor accused of bribing Menendez guilty of Medicare fraud
- Updated Police allege Easton man attacks ex in drunken rage
- Berks businesses honored as 'People's Choice' leaders
- New report shows percent drop in overall crime in New Jersey
- Updated Police activity prompts 'secure in place' measure at Pleasant Valley School District
- Updated Judge: Cosby jury can hear about quaaludes, not Spanish fly
- Warm again today with some sunshine