KINGWOOD TWP., N.J. - Authorities in Hunterdon County, New Jersey say they are investigating after a school worker reported seeing what she believed to be a gun outside the Kingwood Township Elementary and Middle School.
According to Hunterdon County Prosecutor Anthony Kearns III, a substitute trainee on Tuesday afternoon reported to police that she witnessed in front of the school what she believed to be a long gun being placed onto the back seat of a black four-door pickup truck by an Asian or white male with short hair.
Kearns said authorities arrived within moments of the report, but were unable to locate the truck.
While officials are unable to confirm that a gun was actually placed in the truck, Kearns said "all information has been and will be taken seriously and investigated properly."
"The County Superintendent of Schools has been in touch with all the schools in the county to ensure that they are aware of the alleged incident and take proper security precautions according to our Safe Campus Initiative and Standard Response Protocols," Kearns said.
Anyone with information on this investigation is asked to contact the Kingwood state police barracks at 908-996-2864 or Hunterdon County Prosecutor's Office at 908-788-1129. Anonymous tips can be made by calling Hunterdon County Crime Stoppers at 1-800-321-0010.
One person was killed and another was injured in a crash involving a New Jersey state police vehicle.Read More »
- Ex-clerk files federal lawsuit claiming Alpha Borough allowed sexual harassment
- State police: Trooper, 2 people in SUV injured in crash
- Lawyers: Can Menendez trial jurors be asked how they voted
- Penn State frat suspended over booze on Parents' Weekend
- NJ jobless rate falls to 4.2 percent despite shedding jobs
- Unsealed bridge case document shows juror sought dismissal
- Trial begins for accused getaway driver in 2015 killing spree
- Sentencing begins for congressional aide convicted of sexual assault
- Eric Frein sentencing continues Monday, focus shifts to Frein's father
- Small earthquake rattles parts of Pennsylvania
- Updated Pet owners learn animal CPR to help their furry friends
- Life Lessons: 3 Jars
- State police: 1 killed in crash with State Police vehicle
- Philadelphia cops raid pot-smoking party, arresting 22
- Mostly cloudy with a touch of rain today; rain continues through early Wednesday
- Paramedic reunites with family he helped decades ago