Wilson school stabbing victim shares tale of terror with 69 News

Stabber sent to treatment facility near Pittsburgh

School stabbing victim shares tale of terror with 69 News

READING, Pa. - An eighth grader, who admitted to stabbing his classmate in school, learned his fate in juvenile court Tuesday.

The disposition hearing was closed to the media, but prosecutors said the teen showed no remorse. He will be placed at George Junior Republic, a secure treatment facility outside Pittsburgh, for approximately nine to 12 months, said Berks County Asst. District Attorney Catherine Nadirov.

"Juvenile probation is also recommending that once he completes this secure treatment facility program, he steps down to the special needs program," said Nadirov.

Following the hearing, the teen who was stabbed opened up to 69 News. He recounted his tale of terror about the pain he endured that day and the weeks since the attack.

"He approached me saying he had a knife and he was going to stab me. I fell to my knees and I wasn't even aware of what happened, that's how fast everything happened," said the 14-year-old victim, who did not want to be identified.

On Jan. 15, the teen was stabbed three times with a pocket knife inside Wilson Southern Middle School in Spring Township, Berks Co. His attacker admitted to the stabbing two weeks ago in juvenile court.

"It's stressful to get up and put myself back in the same building where this tragedy happened," the victim said.

On Tuesday, the victim was back in court for his attacker's disposition hearing. The 14-year-old defendant was recently expelled from the school. In court, the victim's parents said he showed no remorse.

"This young man is not remorseful, he said he was happy he did it and wouldn't change a thing," said the victim's father.

The stabbing happened, according to testimony read aloud by the victim's mom, when the suspect "made suggestive advances toward a young lady on Facebook and when she dismissed them, he threatened to beat her up. She shared this story with my son and he told her not to worry...he would have her back."

The victim told 69 News his attacker called him a derogatory name on Facebook and sent him messages he wanted to fight him.

Now, he has nightmares, is sometimes depressed and filled with anger, according to his mother's testimony.

"His family is probably going through a really tough time right now. I feel bad for them, I don't feel bad for him," said the victim.

The defendant will have hearings every six months, and treatment could be longer than the expected nine to 12 months, said Nadirov.

The defendant's attorney had no comment.

The victim's family said keeping their son's attacker off the streets for as long as possible is the best solution.

DISCLAIMER FOR COMMENTS: The views expressed by public comments are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the TERMS OF USE  and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Your comments may be used on air. Be polite. Inappropriate posts or posts containing offsite links may be removed by the moderator.

Allentown, PA 18102


Few Clouds


  • %

This Week's Circulars

Latest from the newsroom