ELDRED TOWNSHIP, Pa. - Tonight a Monroe County community is reeling from a deadly shooting.
Unfortunately, we've been down this road before.
The shooting last night in Eldred Township happened just a few miles away from the shooting at the Ross Township Municipal Building last August.
Tonight we're hearing from the daughter-in-law of the man who allegedly pulled the trigger in Eldred Township.
Christina Flyte says her father in law had a violent temper made worse by drugs.
She says when she heard about the shooting, she was shocked but not surprised.
"He has been very nasty in his life. He goes by the nickname Madman, is what he was, and it just got worse with the drugs," said Flyte.
The madman Christina Flyte is speaking of is her father in law Garry Flyte.
Police say around 7 Wednesday night Flyte walked into his neighbors' Miexell Valley Road, Eldred Township home and opened fire.
30 year old Steven Powell was shot in the front room. His stepfather Jeffrey Place and the family dog were shot on the enclosed porch.
Police say Flyte used the family's phone to call 911 afterward.
Place died at his home..Powell at the hospital.
The murders stunned this quiet Monroe County Neighborhood.
Several neighbors speak of Place and Powell like they're members of their family, saying Place was hardworking and friendly...and Powell, who was mentally disabled, was always looking to help others.
But ask neighbors about Flyte and you'll get a different set of descriptors..
Angry. Paranoid. Erratic. Drug addicted.
"He's been under methamphetamines we have told the state police about it we have told them what was in the home we told them that at one time we thought they were making it in the home," said Flyte.
Christina says her family is heartbroken for the family if the victims...
Investigators have not released a motive for the shooting.
Flyte is now being held without
Authorities in Schuylkill County said they are investigating the suspicious death of a man that was reported after a concerned friend discovered his body.Read More »
- 2 people killed in fiery crash on I-81 in Schuylkill County
- Man charged in Palmerton driveway paving scam
- Schuylkill man to appear in court; accused of leaving 3 young children alone, 1 in 'cage'
- Stroudsburg church to begin 'organ' transplant
- PennEast Pipeline would fuel Blue Mountain expansion
- Bird mites cleared from Lehighton High School
- Gov. Wolf signs Real ID law, expects new licenses in 2019
- Updated Man killed in crash with fire truck in Allen Township
- Updated Oley baseball players pay tribute to fallen teammate
- Updated Students celebrate return of hometown hero
- Suspect who lost hand in home invasion sent to prison
- Vietnam veteran tapped as grand marshal of Exeter parade
- Pa. health officials warn of possible measles exposure
- Marc Anthony to come 'full circle' with return to Reading
- Black bear spotted roaming Leopard country
- Updated Health Beat: HPV cancers on the rise