The dream of winning a medal took a bit of a hit for Palisades alum Chris Creveling earlier this morning. Creveling saw his chances of winning in his first event slip away in Sochi after finishing fourth in qualifying in the 1500 meter event on the short track. That finish, just .018 out of third keeps Creveling out of the medal race and means he won't win a medal in his first event. Creveling isn't done in Sochi though, he still has another individual event and a team event that he'll be a part of for Team USA, as he hopes to earn his first Olympic Medal.
- Seahawks' Wilson: 'Complete confidence in who I am'
- Cutler: No issues with Marshall
- Manning leads Broncos over Chargers
- Gruden: Griffin should be back by Nov. 16 game
- Lions WR Johnson 'going good' in England
- Can Broncos afford to keep the Thomases?
- Titans will start rookie QB Mettenberger
- Seahawks insist there is no Harvin Hangover
- Goodell must testify at Rice hearing
Penn State Football
- NHL game roundup: Wings come back to nip Pens
- Senators-Leafs game rescheduled for Nov. 9
- Flyers rally past Penguins, 5-3
- NHL game roundup: Flyers feel at home in Pittsburgh
- Leafs-Sens game postponed after Ottawa shootings
- NHL game roundup: Rangers come back in third
- G Crawford out, Blackhawks recall Darling
- Oilers edge Lightning for first win of season
- Kings' Voynov suspended indefinitely
- Healthy Bryant shut down for rest of Lakers' preseason
- Reports: NBA lottery reform falls short of passing
- Thunder in Westbrook's hands as Durant mends
- NBA roundup: Warriors sign Kilpatrick
- Popovich to Suns owner: Where's 'chicken suit?'
- Griffin calls Sterling a 'weird uncle'
- Nets' Lopez injures foot again, out 10-14 days
- Durant eyes six-week recovery after surgery
- Chris Webber heading group bidding for Hawks
- Rays' Maddon opts out of contract
- Red Sox hire Chili Davis as hitting coach
- Change of Hart: Braves name team president
- Five things we know heading into World Series Game 3
- Royals ride five-run inning to Game 2 rout
- Bumgarner, Giants cruise in World Series opener
- Phillies re-sign Jerome Williams
- Royals sub Nix for Colon on Series roster
- World Series notebook: Giants hold experience edge