The Reading Royals earned a 4-2 win over the Fort Wayne Komets Saturday night in Game 2 of their Kelly Cup playoff series at the Santander Arena.
The Royals and Komets each scored in the first period, and the game stayed tied until midway through the third.
Brandon Blanina scored what ended up being the game-winning goal in the third, evening up the best-of-seven series at 1-1.
Riley Gill got the start in net for Reading, replacing Game 1 starter Brandon Anderson.
Games 3, 4, and 5 will be in Fort Wayne. Game 3 will played Thursday night.
- Updated Australian Open 2017: Nadal beats Zverev in four-hour epic
- Australian Open 2017: No shirt sponsor but big wins for Dan Evans
- Phantoms open weekend with 5-3 victory over AHL-best Penguins
- Royals open 2nd half with overtime win against Adirondack
- Reading's Lonnie Walker receives McDonald's All-American jersey