D.J. Irving hit a pair of free throws with just 1.7 seconds left to lift Patriot League preseason favorite Boston University to a 67-66 win over Lehigh Sunday at Stabler Arena.
Senior Mackey McKnight scored a game-high 23 points, including a three-point play with just seven seconds left that gave Lehigh a 66-65 lead.
The loss was Lehigh's first this year at Stabler Arena.
Boston U., which recently defeated Maryland, ups its conference record to 2-0 in its first season in the Patriot League.
Lehigh, which beat Colgate in double-overtime in its Patriot League opener on Thursday, drops to 1-1 in the league.
The Lehigh women also lost to the Terriers, falling 71-64 in Boston.
The Mountain Hawks dug themselves a 20-point hole in the first half and never recovered.
Central Catholic grad Kerry Kinek led Lehigh with 16 points.
The Mountain Hawks drop to 1-1 in the Patriot League.
- Sports Maddie Meyer/Getty Images
- Sports Christian Petersen/Getty Images
- Sports Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images
- Sports Cooper Neill/Getty Images
- Sports Jonathan Ferrey/Getty Images
- Sports Mike McGinnis/Getty Images
- Sports Daniel Shirey/Getty Images
- Sports Streeter Lecka/Getty Images
- Sports iStock/JOE CICAK
- Sports FreeImages.com/Jason Antony