The top seeded Lehigh softball team was knocked out of the Patriot League tournament on Friday after a second straight loss, this one a 3-1 defeat at the hands of Bucknell.
Lehigh scored an early run on a sac fly, but Bucknell plated 2 runs in the 5th inning to take a 3-1 lead that they'd never give up. The Bison win means Lehigh won't win a third straight league title despite being the top seed and host.
In other softball playoff action, PSU-Berks lost to Salisbury in the NCAA tournament 5-2, and the PSU-Berks baseball team split a pair of early round games.
- Australian Open 2017: Nadal beats Zverev in four-hour epic
- Phantoms open weekend with 5-3 victory over AHL-best Penguins
- Royals open 2nd half with overtime win against Adirondack
- Reading's Lonnie Walker receives McDonald's All-American jersey
- Nazareth, Becahi girls basketball stake claims atop EPC divisions