Lehigh alum Ryan Spadola has officially made it to the NFL.
Spadola was not among the Jets final cuts on Saturday, meaning he has made New York's Opening Day 53-man roster.
The former All-American wide receiver at Lehigh had a strong preseason for the Jets, catching 13 passes for 216 yards and a touchdown.
Spadola was a key part of Lehigh's 2010-2011 Patriot League Championship teams, and currently ranks as the second most accomplished receiver in Lehigh history.
Billy Boyko, another Lehigh alum and graduate of Northampton High School, was cut by the Oakland Raiders on Saturday.
Matt McGloin, a rookie quarterback out of Penn State, did make Oakland's Opening Day roster.
- Sports iStock/JOE CICAK
- Sports FreeImages.com/Jason Antony
- Sports J Pat Carter/Getty Images
- Sports Joe Robbins/Getty Images
- Sports Ezra Shaw/Getty Images
- Sports Jonathan Ferrey/Getty Images
- Sports Andy Lyons/Getty Images
- Sports Daniel Shirey/Getty Images
- Sports Harry How/Getty Images
- Sports Mike McGinnis/Getty Images