Winless Kutztown came within one minute of upsetting undefeated West Chester Saturday night.
The Golden Bears built a 21-10 lead on the Golden Rams, but West Chester scored back-to-back touchdowns in the fourth quarter, including the game-winner with just one minute left to secure a 22-21 win at Farrell Stadium.
Elsewhere in Division II, East Stroudsburg cruised to a 40-6 win at Cheyney.
It was a mixed bag of results for our local Division III teams on Saturday.
Muhlenberg lost at Johns Hopkins 45-13, while Moravian stayed winless after a 31-7 loss at Dickinson.
Albright bounced back after last week's last-second loss to Delaware Valley, winning at King's 49-28.
Del Val stayed undefeated, beating Stevenson 41-23 in Doylestown thanks to a 37-carry, 214-yard and four touchdown effort from Kyle Schuberth.
Ursinus also stayed unbeaten, beating McDaniel 40-21 at home.
- Updated Wieters joins Nationals on 2-year, $21 million deal
- Tough night for Berks teams as District 3 tournament tips off
- Alvernia falls to Lebanon Valley in first round of Commonwealth playoffs
- Emmaus boys hungry entering District 11 tournament
- Liberty hoping time off ignites District 11 playoff run